Guest jasfish

not having seen the interview with him, why

exactly did he leave IF? and why the rumors

with yu+co?

curious to see new work with prologue.

cheers,

jasfish

Guest Sao_Bento

The story I heard was that he was looking to do more live action direction and such - but that might have just been the press release version. I've seen several help wanted ads for his new company.

FWIW, I came across this book at one of the local bookstores.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

I don't know if I'd say it was worth $14.00, but it had some interesting insights about the origins of his style. It talks about the irony of his being a devout christian while his work is known for being very dark. He talks about his obsession with minute detail, which began at a very early age and is still a driving force behind his work today. It also says he only works with designers who have a sensibility for type.

Guest tother

but his own book, your f@#king kiding me. Nothing like shamless self promotion :)

at least don't put your name on the cover

Guest firemind

I saw the book but skipped on it as I refuse to buy books about motion that have no CD or DVD (with the actual motion pieces). Wake up publishers!

Guest Sao_Bento

He didn't write the book. Andrea Codrington just knew that his name would sell books, did a phone interview, read other interviews and got the clearance to use it all in a book. It's really no different than a book about Paul Rand or Da Vinci. Of all the graphic designers out there who work in moving media, I think I'd have a hard time coming up with someone more deserving of a book about them than KC/Imaginary Forces. Unfortunately, this is just not a good one.

Personally I was hoping for some more insight into the development processs or workflow.

Guest bennett

If you watch the TNT network long enough you'll catch one of Kyle Cooper's latests works. He directed the music video for 'The Goodbye Girl' performed by Hootie & The Blowfish. You really can't go wrong with Hootie. The video is to promote the networks new movie 'The Goodbye Girl'.

I'm not sure if Cooper produced the video under the Prologue name but I thought that some people might want to see it. I couldn't find any motion graphic elements but some of the slow-mo shots reminded me of Chris Cunningham's video for 'Only You' by Portishead.

Here's a link to the video and some more info on the piece:

http://www.tnt.tv/Title/View4/0,5878,44541...%7C~~~,00.html#

Guest Sao_Bento

I saw an interview/article in STEP inside design magazine where KC talks about leaving IF in more detail. Sounds like it was on fairly bad terms. In the interview, he makes it sound like he felt his "partners" were really just taking advantage of him and his lack of experience in running a business.

Here's a link to the issue:

http://www.dgusa.com/PUBS/STEP/step.aspx?i...eNum=&tocItem=5