Sign in to follow this  
Guest F to the Soong

Hurricane Katrina

Guest SermonOfMockery

i just read in the paper this morning that many people trying to deliver supplies are driven off by people SHOOTING at them... i dont even know what to say about that??

Guest jasfish

Great interview by Ted Koppel on Nightline with the head of FEMA here:

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Nightline-Fema.mov

It's unbelievable to hear people say they just learned of the need of the people at the convention center yesterday. WTF?

There's also some good stuff with Paula Zahn and that moron at the same site.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

I'm serious, this guy should be fired and then prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for this. This really is criminal.

Guest fredcamino

yeah just donate some money peoples. it's all we can do now. even the idiot company i work for is matching employee donations to the red cross, so see if your company will do the same.

it would be nice to see g dubs show up in his flight suit. it's pretty amazing to think that he hasn't even been there yet.

but what's happened has happened, and all we can do now is hope and work for the best.

Guest fredcamino
Great interview by Ted Koppel on Nightline with the head of FEMA here:

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Nightline-Fema.mov

It's unbelievable to hear people say they just learned of the need of the people at the convention center yesterday. WTF?

There's also some good stuff with Paula Zahn and that moron at the same site.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

I'm serious, this guy should be fired and then prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for this. This really is criminal.

41324[/snapback]

my god. my god. that guy really is dispicable. you can tell when someone is lying through their teeth. aghh!! i can't listen to that asshole anymore!

Edited by fredcamino

Guest govinda

That's the guy I said was formerly an estate planning lawyer and counsel to the Arabian Horses Whatever of Some City or Other. He got the FEMA job when the first Bush FEMA guy went into private business to cash in on the Iraq war contracts.

They really don't take this governing stuff seriously. They never have. They just win elections. The governing part isn't necessary when you know how to win elections.

And that is the worst I'm going to say. Ix-nay on the olitics-pay from me for the rest of the weekend. I've been very, very bad.

Guest Animeishon

they all knew that the hurricane was coming and nobody was prepared? nobody was on stand by for search and rescue missions nor food and medicine were on stand by either.

excellent managerial skills of the us government, didn't expect anything less

Guest scottgfx
they all knew that the hurricane was coming and nobody was prepared? nobody was on stand by for search and rescue missions nor food and medicine were on stand by either.

excellent managerial skills of the us government, didn't expect anything less

41336[/snapback]

Hey, you knew that design project was coming up. You didn't know that it would require double the time allocated and a piece of 3D tracking software you don't own?

There were reports before the landfall of the storm of movement of supplies ad personnel going to the region. Every storm is unique. It took weeks before some victims of hurricane Andrew were attended to. The government has attempted to improve response time since then. The response time for hurricane Charlie was pretty quick. What is the difference now? Katrina was about the size of four hurricane Charlies, hit a much more populated area in a poorer region of the country. A "perfect storm" of sorts.

Guest borax
that was amazing.  but just to clarify, it's MAYOR ray nagin, not major, right?

41327[/snapback]

Mayor Ray Nagin, yes. My bad. Someone in the army would probably be in serious trouble talking like that. :mellow:

Of course this guy is gonna come out of this as New Orleans Rudolph Giuliani.

Guest parallax

And the Astrodome is officially full, with still tens of thousands people lined up. It's a fucking shame.

*cue "safety for kids" something commercial* no shit. nice, CNN.

Guest govinda

The memo went out from Roger Ailes on Wed. to everyone at Fox, it seems. I was just watching Shep Smith at lunch for as long as I could stomach him, and we're all wrong. It's not about a massive human tragedy of displacement, not about death, not about the ruination of a city. It's about rapes, looting and armed mayhem. It's about the people of NO getting what they deserve for not evacuating. It's as if there's no flooding at all and certainly no incompetence by our leaders, just a bunch of dark-skinned people too stupid to leave town and other dark-skinned people going berserk.

Guest parallax

It's a good thing Fox is lacking in our basic cable TV package. I would've had a seizure a long time ago.

Guest govinda

I was actually unfair to Shep Smith. He's an annoying tit and he was speaking the Fox line when I saw him, but he apparently let Hannity have it last night as Hannity tried to blame it all on the darkies victims. So, more true to Fox form, which is to say, feeding the rage of the empowered, one commentator laid a steaming pile of horseshit on his show last night:

"A lot of the people—a lot of the people who stayed wanted to do this destruction. They figured it out. I'm not surprised." —Bill O'Reilly, 9/1/05

I'll believe all the rape stories when I see how things shake out in a month. This is too much like 'the guy who survived the Twin Towers destruction by riding the updraft all the way to the ground.' Shit, I have to get some work done. :P

Guest borax
"We must help and pray for those ravaged by this disaster, but let us not forget that the citizens of New Orleans tolerated and welcomed the wickedness in their city for so long," Marcavage said.

As a Pastafarian, I can assure you all there is a special place in hell for religious fanatics.

Guest ai
As a Pastafarian, I can assure you all there is a special place in hell for religious fanatics.

41367[/snapback]

Prayers are ended with the word "RAmen" rather than "Amen".

Guest fredcamino
and i'm still waiting for someone to bring up this pic:

1125358062639.gif

because i won't!

41366[/snapback]

my god. this changes everything igor. to think i used to respect you.

Guest igorschmigor

What? This is just an illustration to help our kids understand what basically happened.

Okay, i know it's not funny at all. I'm sorry. Bad bad igor. I'll go to bed now.

Guest fredcamino
What? This is just an illustration to help our kids understand what basically happened.

Okay, i know it's not funny at all. I'm sorry. Bad bad igor. I'll go to bed now.

41370[/snapback]

::wub::