Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindstate7

HBO Promo

Guest mindstate7

Hey all,

Just wanted to get some input of this project. I just moved from Denver to NY and am beginning to get some good client work. Let me know what you think.

click me damnit

muchas gracias :lol:

Guest Beaver

Brilliant concept! Very well done. I love the amber color you chose. Is this all done in AE or is there some 3D in there?

Guest Tread

I like it. It's kinda long though, probably per clients needs though? Eh, whatya do. Maybe do something for some variation as it progresses? Nitpicky tho.

Guest mindstate7
Brilliant concept!  Very well done.  I love the amber color you chose.  Is this all done in AE or is there some 3D in there?

41115[/snapback]

Thanks! Yeah, All AE done. Length was set. Progression actually went through a ton of changes, hence the use of the effect an all transitions.

Guest C-FU

I always like watching promos from HBO and this one is definately another top notch music video montage of all their movies. The concept is excellent. Is this your first project with them or have you worked on a few other montages for HBO and Cinemax?

Yeah I kinda have to say its long too but its not boring though.

Great job.

Guest Tread

u know, I just thought of this, I kept expecting to see something resolve from the 'connect the dots' of the constellations. Maybe at some point the stars that are being connected with the lines becomes the HBO logo or something? Might offer some visual variety along with a little strength to the concept.

Guest mindstate7
u know, I just thought of this, I kept expecting to see something resolve from the 'connect the dots' of the constellations. Maybe at some point the stars that are being connected with the lines becomes the HBO logo or something? Might offer some visual variety along with a little strength to the concept.

41125[/snapback]

HAHAHA! No, thats awesome you thought of it. I simply just ran out of time! I really wanted to do that. You can kind of tell, I guess. :lol:

THis was my first project for HBO and kinda fell on my lap. Definately had some pressure for quality, especially seeing some work from other promos, and it is definately a change from my previous work in Denver!

Guest hotbuttertrucker

you suck!

No just kidding. Its a great spot. I agree with the comments about the varation and the connecting the dots to some sort of resolution. But, I know the time restratints you were under. The color is nice too. Are they gonna have you cut shorter versions? Or are they gonna do it. Why haven't you posted the noggin spots?

I am still gonna make fun, because you had to do an effect on brad pitt. Ha ha!

Guest Son Of Simon

I agree it seemed long. It seems like there should have been some VO in the spot. I felt kinda lost watching it, as in I wasnt sure where it was going. And it seemed kinda anti-climatic. But sometimes that happens when there isnt much time to complete a project. I think the movie names should have been sprinkled through out the piece instead of just at the end. But then it would leave the end of the piece kinda empty. Oh you know what would have been dope, if the screen shots were comped onto the stars and you flew from star to star to reveal the shots in the same fashion as the movie titles at the end. Oh well, its still a nice piece.

Have fun in NY, enjoy the concrete canyons. I'm up in Vail, the leaves are starting to change and we'll have snow in another month I'm sure. I guess I need to start thinking about waxing my snowboard...

Guest mindstate7
Nobody gonna say anything about all the shine...?

41214[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHA! YEA, totally!!! :lol:

Guest JMSDigital
Nobody gonna say anything about all the shine...?

41214[/snapback]

oh it's not that bad.

Guest hetraa
HAHAHAHAHA!  YEA, totally!!!  :lol:

41230[/snapback]

its really nice. PROMAX quality. =)

i like the track too. definitely doesnt need a VO, the lyrics pretty much says it all..

u got a website?

Guest Deano Krakel

Wait a minute....

people in denver know what a computer is??

damn. times are a changein' before you know it

people in colorado won't have to pack mules and

hunt for food with thier "boom sticks".

gee......all this and so fast.

the promo looks real sweet....nice and simple.

good luck in NYC.