Sign in to follow this  
Guest pixel_pimp

After Effects Error Messages

Guest pixel_pimp

1. After Effects error: checking world - internal structure damaged.

Anybody know whatz up with error?

Guest pixel_pimp

I found what the problem was. It had to do with old version of DigiEffects Plug-In's. Updated and all was good.

Guest rexbox

I'm having a real problem with AE I wonder if anyone can help with: on my newish PC with XP I can't work with any projects which use AVI's.

If I open any of my work-in-progress files the preview window opens up completely black with the error message "Error retrieving frame from video stream (3) (53:34)".

I found one site which claimed that this was caused by windows update (which is entirely possible as it just suddenly stopped working) and deleting the update file would solve it. Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.

I'm going insane not being able to finish any of my work :(

Guest pixel_pimp

Can Quicktime on the PC open AVI's? I use a Mac and they can't play AVI, so I use DIVX to play them. Anyway. If Quicktime can open the AVI on a PC maybe you could export it as something else, pict, tif, or just quicktime. Or a 3rd party conversion utility.

Guest Feniks

pixelpimp, i don't know about the standard player but the pro does.

maybe a tip if you don't allready know, for AE users who run into rendering problems:

press the shift key while accessing the edit>preferences menu, in the list of menu's you'll find a new item "secret". There you can setup that AE will flush it's cache after X-frames. This saved my ass allready a few times when rendering heavy comps.

Guest Nhowe

maybe a tip if you don't allready know,  for AE users who run into rendering problems:

press the shift key while accessing the edit>preferences menu, in the list of menu's you'll find a new item "secret". There you can setup that AE will flush it's cache after X-frames. This saved my ass allready a few times when rendering heavy comps.

this has saved me many a project as well... weird that adobe hides it

Guest thomwill
this has saved me many a project as well... weird that adobe hides it

yeah its weird. they actually don't recommend doing this either.

Guest Scorch
1. error: checking world - internal structure damaged.

Seems like an alarming metaphor for current events