Sign in to follow this  
Guest markinchina

interviews on here

Guest markinchina

Hi, firemind.so many cool members on the board now.maybe it's time to open a new place,make some interviews to the motion graphic talents that they got 3 or 2heart.gif, just like pixelsurgeon

Guest André Leroux

I like your idea Markinchina & it would be considered a valuable part of Mograph.

André

Guest André Leroux

Yeap, you're right Firemind. It would involve additional administrative involvement. Something to think about I guess. You can throw my name in the hat for now. :)

I like Markinchina's idea of having interviews with the already existing members of Mograph. This would open up new discussions on the state of Motion Graphics & more. I know that there are a few people over at the COW in the AE forum that want to dedicate a whole section on MK12. The how did they do this thread.

Here is a great example found at Raster. http://www.rasterized.org/rasterInterviews.php

The latest views with Nando Costa (NAKD.TV) found in the Mograph reel section.

And speaking of Nando Costa, check out the cool opening he did for the Monsterfest Festival. Like MK12, leaving us with jaw hitting the ground questions on how it was done.

http://www.hungryfordesign.com/Archive/

Igor could give us some feedback on this issue.

André

Guest markinchina

Hi everyone,if the interview goes,before it put into practice,let's clear what kind of question will us most concern. :roll: invite 3 artists have dialogue together biannually, just like the book Fresh Dialogue would be much interesting. but I think it is hard to handle. :P

Guest soulmobile

yes! interviews would be nice, but I think they should focus more on technique (how did you do...) rather than on the personal history of the artist (I firts worked here, then I worked there, then I met this... bla bla bla...).

Guest mistahle

yes, techniques are nice and necessary. But I personally get tired of all the visual montage/collage (style-intense) stuff. I think the more important questions to be included should be why did they choose that approach to tell the story (content) and how much involvement did they have in conceptualizing the spot(s)? I always wonder about the role of the designer in the process (aside from executing it stylistically.)

Check out the "Culture is not always popular" lecture by Jessica Helfand and William Drenttel on their website: www.winterhouse.com. It made a big impression on me personally at the past AIGA conference.

Don't start screaming at me about the difference b/w print/web/motion. I think it's valid.