Sign in to follow this  
Guest amydot

what's in a name?

Guest superegophobia

orginally I wanted to be known as "Id" but it was always taken, so i made up my own word. superego is: "In Freudian theory, the division of the unconscious that is formed through the internalization of moral standards of parents and society, and that censors and restrains the ego." and obviously "phobia" is the fear of something.

Guest pleaseluggage

I am known generally as pleaseluggage, which is my e-mail and IM handles and is what the rough English translation of my last name, Bittikoffer is. Geez, German class was fun, lemmie tell ya; but I chose subatronic lately because I'm below the surface of that which is eletronic. Subtronic.com was taken, but this wasn't.

Guest igorschmigor

Damn, i almost missed this thread.

It's fun.

Actually that would be Bittekoffer, not Bittikoffer, but it's funny anyway. I often wondered how people come up with such names.

Igor is my old graffiti name. I chose it thinking of Dr. Frankensteins little helper who always got the body parts for his master. No real reason, i just thought that was one funny guy. Also, i wanted a name that didn't sound english. All writers have english names, i wanted to be different.

IgorSchmigor, because Igor was taken at a forum (not this one) and i had to think of something to add. This was shortly after i read some Gary Larson cartoons. Some of them were a running gag like historic scenes where people would just say something like "indians schmindians" or "mexicans schmexicans".

Guest Mr_Cookie

Got a sideline in Tshirts called 'Mr Cookie'.. originally was gonna call em 'Cookie', but thought adding a Mr would be fun..

Guest thomwill
What a strange and interesting story, Sianto.

45655[/snapback]

no kidding. it would be cool to spend some time researching that.

Guest capitalJ

i was in the middle of a huge public breakup in the middle of a subway platform with an old ex girlfriend of mine and at the end she said

"your a jerk, with a capital J "

ive used that name for everything ever since

Guest chibosa
i was in the middle of a huge public breakup in the middle of a subway platform with an old ex girlfriend of mine and at the end she said

"your a jerk, with a capital J "

ive used that name for everything ever since

45658[/snapback]

Winnar! I love that.

Guest sianto

I'll certainly do some research in the future... althought it might be dangerous for my health if some stuff he used to tell is true... like the fact that he was once a member of a secret chinese society, called "Society of the Fist", or something. With connections with San Francisco in the 30's... :o

Damn, should not have told that. Now you're in danger...

But i have no reason for doubt. Every single thing he said it would happen after is death, happened. We just could not prove anything of his past... But documents and people keep appearing, 7 years after his death. Right now he has two birth dates and three different names...

Guest PlayerHater

playerhater-well i hate on just about everyone and everything. if theres anyone more jaded, i havent met them.

Guest ADROK

all i ever wanted to be when i grew up was a professional skater and a beatnik who sang mad prose about the x generation.. those few and noble of us without a home.

since my real name is adamrush and i used to spit rhymes.. i was dubbed ADROK

after mike d's little friend.

I have since put down the trombone and wear ankle braces but the name sticks somehow like that smell from your favorite shirt.. kinda just follows you whearever you go...

[ now i just look at my crotch.. and my neck is starting to hurt]

Edited by ADROK

Guest ghostman_on_3rd

I played alot of Wiffle Ball as a kid (and still do: www.wiffleup.com). When there wasn't enough people, we'd have ghost runners - or ghostmen -on first, second, third. I have always liked the name.

Guest edamame

i was eating edamame

that's that

lame-o

it was that or my screen name - aimcausescancer

but that wouldn't even make sense here

Guest adoptedkorean
what's edamame?!

45949[/snapback]

edamame is a wonderful little snack from japan. salted soy beans.

i needed a name for what i was going to call my portfolio website. so basically my friend sean and i put together two obvious factors about myself... i'm adopted and i'm korean.

...mine's pretty lame too. lol :D

Guest Scorch

scorch (skôrch)

v.intr.

scorched, scorch·ing, scorch·es.

1. To go or move at a very fast, often excessively fast rate.

Just thought it would make a good company name as most of my work involves things flying about fast and stuff like that.

Guest Marconius

Well, my name is Marco, and due to the fact that I am Italian, and my general omnipotence, I decided to fashion my name in the style of a Roman God.

Hence you have Marconius!

Guest govinda

DMC, that's so funny. Were you with DMC?

My first spec reel had a bit with turntables in a then-Brand New School 3D style, and I desperately needed a client, and I chose the DMC Young DJ competition.

Guest self90's_MiniME

I'm having personality problems... and it's a joke. maybe I'll be more of a bitch with that one ;)