Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scorch

Total Post amnesty

ummmm... I would like to thank Jasfish for making this possible. My mom for telling to keep posting. And jesus for believing in me.

Thats it Im done

GOOD NIGHT !!!

well, it's a little like shake with the nodes and what not .. but for some reason shake seems much more intuitive to me than flame.

Roger that. Shake makes sense. We've got a Flame where I work, and I find it to be dreadful. Then again, I work at a TV station, so... why we have a Flame is beyond me.

Flame or smoke is priced out in 100s of thousands of dollars. That's why some people see them as overkill...because of the price. We have a flint and it cost us $125k. It's not even based on Irix anymore or on SGI stations. So esentially we paid 125k for a IBM branded linux box with a fancy RAID. Now, yes...it's realtime, but realtime is not TRUE realtime. But some producers won't work with anything but flint/flame/inferno/smoke. I think to each it's own...I would much rather buy about 10 super decked out workstations than one flint. But that's just me.

hey graymachine .. I like the tutorials on your site.

You started freelancing yet?

Why yes.. I just turned in my notice last Thursday. I am working on a little web-intro right now.

Hopefully, I'll get back to some more tutorials soon.