Sign in to follow this  
Guest govinda

iTunes Eminem Ad

Guest govinda

First it was Eminem suing Apple for using 'Lose Yourself' without authorization Feb of 2005, settled in May.

Then it was Apple debuting a new ad for Eminem/iTunes last week.

Then Apple pulled it from their site on the 13th. Some claim this was what's called a 'tease.'

Today I saw it on TV live, so it's back among the walking and, er, chewing. First bite this zombie took was from psyop.

You can see it here.

(Scroll to bottom. It's the last on the right column.)

(It only works if you save it local I think.)

Nothing we haven't seen before since psyop's 2002's LUGZ, though it's really well done. It must be the meatiest bite yet taken from that all-time-great piece. Anyone know who did it? Did psyop do a Sheryl Crow on their own style?

eminem01.jpgeminem02.jpg

eminem03.jpgeminem04.jpg

eminem04a.jpgeminem05.jpg

Guest Self_90

<_< i get a Service Temporarily Unavailable for the QT right now...

let's try again... nope .. Interesting page

Guest BKM

I saw it too... NFL Football. Nice update to the ipod effect. Is it alos a tease for a greatest hits CD for MM?

Curtin Call?

BKM

Guest self90's_MiniME
Oops, I think you have to 'save link as' / 'save target as' only on that page.

46336[/snapback]

yep got it 8min remainning...

oups :lol: wrong user...

Edited by self90's_MiniME

Guest fredcamino

definately in the lugz style right down to the palette.

can anyone in the grafitti game tell me how much paint splattering there really is. i mean do you guys just like throw that shit around. and is it considered "good" grafitti when there's a paint drip?

Guest PlayerHater
can anyone in the grafitti game tell me how much paint splattering there really is.  i mean do you guys just like throw that shit around.  and is it considered "good" grafitti when there's a paint drip?

46340[/snapback]

not that much splattering atleast not in the sense that it would get all over the place like it does in most motion graphics.

drips are usually looked down upon as far as piecing goes. but theres nothing better than a drippy handstyle thats been done by someone that really knows how to control the flow of their marker(making it drip in the correct places so that it maintains its form+legibility but the drips add onto the over all aesthetic.) Basicly making it look messy but its still very well done.

Guest fredcamino
not that much splattering atleast not in the sense that it would get all over the place like it does in most motion graphics.

drips are usually looked down upon as far as piecing goes. but theres nothing better than a drippy handstyle thats been done by someone that really knows how to control the flow of their marker(making it drip in the correct places so that it maintains its form+legibility but the drips add onto the over all aesthetic.) Basicly making it look messy but its still very well done.

46346[/snapback]

thanks for the answer! (i figured it would be from you too)

Guest Beaver

I wasn't to big on the music edit, sounded kinda choppy...I guess you have to do whatever to make a :30 work, but it just felt weak. The mograph was great - footsteps felt a little off, but I liked his goofy dance right when he first starts rapping. The splatter transition right before that is pretty slick too.

Guest superegophobia

i never thought i'd see a paint drip on an official Apple ad... times are a-changing i suppose

Guest Self_90

46346[/snapback]

exactly ! makes me want to get out and do some little bombing. graffiti has really evolved from the days of styles wars.

Simply a must ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008MTW...&n=130&v=glance

haven't seen the QT yet ... it's in QT7 ... merde!

Edited by self90

Guest rykke

yeah i dunno about this one...paint drips kill it for me...

just an over kill...its been done so much, especially in print.

Guest govinda

Nice catch. For fun, google these words:

ipod eminem psyop

Motion-savvy people all over the world (Australia for example) are on the psyop-ness of it.

Guest Awesome Swelles
exactly ! makes me want to get out and do some little bombing. graffiti has really evolved from the days of styles wars.

Simply a must ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008MTW...&n=130&v=glance

haven't seen the QT yet ... it's in QT7 ... merde!

46369[/snapback]

I feel your pain. But for those waiting for QT7 to become a safe upgrade, VLC player plays all the h.264 QTs I've tried with it. It does mean that you have to download the files before you can view them, but that means you can keep QT6 as your default and use VLC when necessary.

Guest Self_90
I feel your pain. But for those waiting for QT7 to become a safe upgrade, VLC player plays all the h.264 QTs I've tried with it. It does mean that you have to download the files before you can view them, but that means you can keep QT6 as your default and use VLC when necessary.

46436[/snapback]

Thanks... I have VLC and haven't tought about that .

Now for the Ipod thing I like it, 100% Psyop style. But ?

googled it and ??

Banned Eminem iTunes Video

Posted 17.10.05 By will

Shown at the Apple keynote last week, this Eminem iTunes/iPod ad done by Psyop has now been banned and no-one knows why.

?????????

Edited by self90

Guest Marconius

My boss and I caught this as soon as he starts rapping into the mic.

It kinda looks like he's rapping with a dildo... :huh:

Guest C-FU

If I had not known of Paintdrips being widely used in mograph, I would still say it was major overkill. I didn't know that typical extreme painters with splatters that are angry listen to EM. The people that do these things probably never painted a day in there actual lives. Its like "Whoa paint. What can we do with it?" Splatt and drip. "Thats the most original thing in the world." I like paint drip when they make since to me but I think this makes him look like he actually paints with his shoes, and oh he sings too. Lets not forget some water color, because EM is a talented.

Guest C-FU

yeah they are not even trying to do something different with the color pallete, but they are not selling shoes this time.