Sign in to follow this  
Guest govinda

iTunes Eminem Ad

Guest mfh

It'll be interesting to see what will happen here. If apple decides to fight it, I'd say they would likely win. Nonetheless, there will be likely be an out of court settlement.

Guest govinda

My feeling is that Lugz is out to embarrass Apple, and rightly so, and I bet they've sent private request letters before this which Apple didn't reply to satisfactorily. So it comes to this, and these kinds of things are definitely embarrassing for a company so brand-conscious and prestige-focused as Apple. It'll be worth Apple's time to settle with them by pulling the ad. It's not extortion either--the Lugz branding has money value that Apple is piggybacking on, though whether money will change hands is something nobody here is competent to talk about.

It's odd that Lugz didn't do this right away. They could have been waiting for their informal appeals to Apple to work through. But whatever, by now the ad has partially run its course.

Guest martober

This thread, like a Zombie, it rises from the dead.

Edited by martober

Guest parallax
that was completely unsuccessful.  poor guy.

54619[/snapback]

That's what you get without Mark Romanek holding your hand.