Sign in to follow this  
Guest yamirb

Do people still use kazaa, lime wire,, or every one buys

Guest yamirb

Do people still use kazaa, lime wire,, or every one buys software? for a student buying softwares could be tough. Kazaa does not have upto date softwares. whats happening???? are there any other p2p programes which work better? edonkey sucks too.

Guest firemind

If this question of your's means 'where do I go to get my warez' then please take it elsewhere. This site doesn't need that kind of association.

Guest yamirb

This question was to know everyone’s thoughts about p2p sharewares. If that is the future or it would be out very soon. Could it be stopped? should it be? Do you know most of architectural and design firms in the 3rd world countries don't use licensed softwares? Should the software companies undermine that or do something to make softwares more accessible to more people. I was hoping to know, Kazaa, Lime wire etc are defiantly a curse for the software companies.... but have they helped or hurt the design community. Would there be so many people working on and participating in motion graphics discussions if this p2p software’s were not available. I for one don't look down up on Kazaa, Limewire etc. They are just like this forum.. were people come and share. I think it is hippocratic and unrealistic to be a part of computer art community and not acknowledge the contribution of Kazaa.

Guest firemind

The term is hypocrit. Hippocratic is the oath doctors take :P

A discussion on the semantics of the future of the internet and the way ppl exchange information is fine, but that's not what your original post was about. Besides, p2p is only one of the myriad of ways (and a rather lame one, to those in the know) of 'information' exchange, why single that out if your goal was to have a more general discussion :P

Just to repeat myself though, no matter what your or my stand on the issue of the illegal exchange of software is, fact is this board is *not* the place for it.