Sign in to follow this  
Guest fredcamino

super fluid animation

Guest fredcamino

I was curious if anyone could some light on how certain companies/artists create super fluid/realist 2d animation in their motion graphics. I'm specifically talking about some of the PSYOP videos, like "Come for Brazil" and the "Bombay" ad, and many of their other videos. Certain parts of the graphics are animated so silky smooth (eg. the "come" in the brazil piece") I was wondering how they acheived it. Do they use traditional cell animation? Is it 3D graphics, cell shaded? Rotoscoped come? Some other brand of magic?

Guest fredcamino

Ahh thanks. I figured it was just amazing 3D. Their stuff makes my eyes water. Endless tweaking is the magic behind all things great.

Guest soulmobile

I think I once saw an article on their use of a Softimage Plug-in to render those cartoonish characters in the Volkswagen spots... or maybe it was just very very similar... somebody remembers?

Guest vectorsnob

I wouldn't necessarily say everything they do is limited to 3D. I'm fairly certain there are After Effects elements within each piece. They're simply really, really good at what they do....and I'm sure running everything through Discreet's Flame helps out with that final glaze.

Honestly, I've never seen any of their spots on television...only in web-format. I'd love to see if they fluidity carries through to the standard television set.

Guest soulmobile

sure lookin' better than fractal noise displacements!...

let's see what happens with this when it will come out.

Guest yogert909

this will definately get alot of play soon. I can see suspense movies blowing their titles away with this for the next 10 years.

Guest igorschmigor

if you're interested in the creation process at psoyp then check out the softimage site (www.softimage.com of course). Enter psyop in the search engine. You'll get many results. They also have some customer testimonial videos featuring quite a few of Psyop's members.