Sign in to follow this  
Guest pixelparty

battle??

Guest pixelparty

hi everyone...

i today thouht about,

does anybody like to make some mograph competitions, battleing here?

i mean, i m a medium beginner, but i suppose it could be for all here a nice thing to do,

what u think???

greetz

pixelparty

:blink:

Guest christianchoice

I'll take you on!!!

Pickachu. ATTACK!!!!........

no seriously... i think it'd be fun.

christianchoice@hotmail.com

Guest Rothermel

i brought the idea up before... not really battles, but more of who could do the best use of the most use of effects kinda thing. everyone didnt think it was fun.

Guest govinda

If it's small enough in scope, due in March, and people will do it, there isn't a moderator alive who wouldn't love for it to happen. There is one moderator however who won't love finding prizes for the winners, and I think it has to be something better than Chris Meyer's ponytail bands. An Al Gore signed copy of the Internet from our current.tv moderator?

The first logjam is prizes. If they're good enough, we get more participation. Second logjam is time--for those not attracted by prizes. And there isn't a third logjam.

Guest Rothermel
If it's small enough in scope, due in March, and people will do it, there isn't a moderator alive who wouldn't love for it to happen. There is one moderator however who won't love finding prizes for the winners, and I think it has to be something better than Chris Meyer's ponytail bands. An Al Gore signed copy of the Internet from our current.tv moderator?

The first logjam is prizes. If they're good enough, we get more particispation. Second logjam is time--for those not attracted by prizes. And there isn't a third logjam.

55939[/snapback]

stash subscription would be cool.

Guest carniceria

I don't think battling would be very fun if you had to wait 4 months for every round.

Here's an idea:

Find AMD or some mega processor giant and have them sponser it so they'll give you a monster machine to work on and a few hundred boxes for render farming. That'll eliminate render and preview issues. Instantaneous results, etc.

Then have a mediator pitch ad campaign/brand/identity problems at you and the most creative response wins with time factored in.

that would be the shiznizzymatthewbroderickitch.

Guest laughingcolors
c'mon guys.. isn't winning enough of a prize?

55946[/snapback]

you could like, totally put it on your fancy resume

Guest govinda
how did this get so complicated so quickly???

55960[/snapback]

Because it's like managing a 'chores list' for a huge house of teenagers. You have to be very precise, or not a single thing gets done. This is from past experience with contests (and I was one of the teenagers).

Guest pixelparty

:P

heheeh...

just worked the day, and finally a big string here!

very cool.

but it sounds as there could be a chance.

so because this would be my first battle, can u profs give me some rulez??

i m very pleasure with ideas of stash and AMD.

[ please ignore my bad english! ]

is there a moderator for the rulez? what about the theme?

maybe we can collect some rulez and then sort best one out!

ok:

my first idea: let s do the format: 3*720 x 576

:rolleyes:

Guest Marconius

We can quickly illustrate some badges and awards for people to post on their websites and print on their résumés! Or maybe just keep it as a website thing...with the award being a link to mograph.net

"Best of Show, Jan 2006"

"Best use of Shine"

"Most PreComps"

"Most Notorious Lens Flare"

"Best Paint Splatter"

"Fastest Render"

"The Prestigious 'Holy Crap it's full of 3D Stroke!' Award"

etc etc

Guest krpdesign

i think i remember seeing something about exquisite corpse projects on the chicago motion graphics group website awhile back....that could be a lot more interesting than a battle

Guest Martin_Malta

Why all the sarcasm guys?

Sounds like a good idea. I'd be up for it.

I'm still a beginner and I'm sure I'll be at the bottom rankings but it would be fun.

my email is martinbonnici[at]gmail[dot]com if this ever manages to happen.

Another idea would be to put up a mograph exhibition somewhere with the collected works, either online or in the real world.

Guest pixelparty

hey martin,

are u shure wanna go to real world? soundz like a brave crazy thing to me!

heheh.

no, really, i think its cool, and mybe we can make a mograph exhibition.

any idea of theme??

greetz.

Why all the sarcasm guys?

Sounds like a good idea. I'd be up for it.

I'm still a beginner and I'm sure I'll be at the bottom rankings but it would be fun.

my email is martinbonnici[at]gmail[dot]com if this ever manages to happen.

Another idea would be to put up a mograph exhibition somewhere with the collected works, either online or in the real world.

56054[/snapback]

Guest Martin_Malta

well there is great talent on this board. Some of the work shown is really amazing and I'd love to see what some of these guys would do without the restraints of clients.

About going to the real world, i don't know why it's so crazy. Last summer I was involved in a video art night at the St. James Cavalier Centre for Creativity - which is probably the number 1 arts centre on the island - and people really enjoyed the work, most of which was inferior to what some people show here. So I think something like this could work.

Also considering that there are mographers from different countries in this forum sponsorship can come from government agencies.

Seriously guys, sarcasm aside, anyone interested in this?

Guest pixelparty

going to the real world is always crazy!

ok,

me interessted!!!

:blink:

well there is great talent on this board. Some of the work shown is really amazing and I'd love to see what some of these guys would do without the restraints of clients.

About going to the real world, i don't know why it's so crazy. Last summer I was involved in a video art night at the St. James Cavalier Centre for Creativity - which is probably the number 1 arts centre on the island - and people really enjoyed the work, most of which was inferior to what some people show here. So I think something like this could work.

Also considering that there are mographers from different countries in this forum sponsorship can come from government agencies.

Seriously guys, sarcasm aside, anyone interested in this?

56063[/snapback]

Guest Sao_Bento

The Belief Untitled stuff would be a good reference in terms of how to approach such a thing (rules, etc.)

Guest JimmyB

how is this thing gonna work exactly?

just a comp to make a 15 sec bit on the subject and then we all vote or something?

Guest crabbey1

Bring it... I'll talk on anyone, anytime... Let's do this...

>insert more rediculous, over-the-top smack talk here<

denehy-gangsta.jpg

Yeah boy...!

Guest govinda

It starts when a quorum of moderators take it seriously. Basically, that quorum would then have to rustle up some prizes, think up a theme, set guidelines and corral judges (if any). Personally, I think this is as good a time as any to get back into this.

(I live to vex Firemind.)

Guest Sao_Bento

I think something like Word it on Speak Up would be better if we were actually going to get into the hosting business. If not, something like the exquisite corpse method, where the majority of the action occurs between individuals might be better if Mograph can only host the result. Or maybe do something in partnership with Xplsv or someone who is willing to host it all.