Sign in to follow this  
Guest abie1

3D Picture Trick

Guest abie1

Is this the only way to do this? What is your method? This effect was used extensively in the Documentary "Tupac: Ressurection". Since there really isn't very much footage of Pac being interviewed. Does anyone know if this was the method that they used. Does anyone know another way to achieve this result? I'm practicing this and am fine with this method but was just wondering...

Heres the link...

http://studio.adobe.com/us/tips/tip.jsp?p=...=aft65sd3dtrick

Guest SermonOfMockery

there's a couple threads about this...

cut out, stack in Z, animate camera

Guest C-FU

I recently did this effect for 100 seperate pictures. You just got to tough it out, get lots energizing music and photoshop away. Just don't jump into the 3d portion until you have every single picture cutout and setup for this. If you do one picture at a time and go into 3d you will screw up your work flow and momentum. Trust me. After 8 or 10 pictures you will get use to the tedious work for this type of effect.

If there were anything more simplified I would jump on it but this is as good as it is going to get.

Guest christianchoice

C-FU is right. Besides, all that roto practice will be good for you. It keeps us mographers young ;).

Guest abie1
C-FU is right.  Besides, all that roto practice will be good for you.  It keeps us mographers young ;).

56407[/snapback]

I agree. I love the practice since I'm trying to get out of my current position of Assistant Editor/Finisher (Bleck!!) at a local post house here. There just no room here for me to do anything else. Plus, it's getting too expensive to live here so my wife and I are relocating to Atlanta. I'm putting a mograph reel together since that is what my passion is so I can go look for work there. Again, thanx for the feedback guys; I wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

Guest abie1
there's a couple threads about this...

cut out, stack in Z, animate camera

56381[/snapback]

Sorry for the double post; is there a link to these threads?

Guest abie1
just do a search for them.

its not that hard...just bring each "scene into its own comp.  turn each layer's 3d button on.  place them in an appropriate z-depth position, adjust scale, add camera & voila!!!

heres a good tutorial on it: http://www.videocopilot.net/videotutorials...ompositing.html

56416[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm clear on how to execute the effect; I was reffering to the threads that SermonofMonkey says that exist on the topic; that's the link I want.