Sign in to follow this  
Guest coleran

New Reel

Guest Sao_Bento
Just finished the latest reel.

http://homepage.mac.com/mcoleran/

Mark

59136[/snapback]

I'm not crazy about downloading files to see a reel. Too much potential for mischief.

Someone else hit it right on the head when they said doing things that make it harder for people to see your work only hurts you. I know you've been around for awhile, and probably have a very specific client base, but I think it still applies.

Guest coleran
I'm not crazy about downloading files to see a reel. Too much potential for mischief.

Someone else hit it right on the head when they said doing things that make it harder for people to see your work only hurts you. I know you've been around for awhile, and probably have a very specific client base, but I think it still applies.

59138[/snapback]

Fair enough. The new site wont be ready for a few weeks though and this is just a stop gap.

Mark

Guest Beaver

Hey man, saw your reel last night - it was great. Second reel of this sort that's been posted this week. Looks like some real intricate and painstaking work. How'd you get into that niche?

Guest coleran
Hey man, saw your reel last night - it was great.  Second reel of this sort that's been posted this week.  Looks like some real intricate and painstaking work.  How'd you get into that niche?

59156[/snapback]

Thanks

I was working at a studio in England and came across the work of a guy called Simon Staines at Useful Companies. After alot of persistence I managed to swing some work with them and have been at it ever since. It was definitely beneficial having a background in graphic design.

Mark

Guest microdot

very nice.

So used to being immersed in the movie, I rarely sit and enjoy the various methods of information design and screen graphics used in them. When I do see it on someone's reel, I always think how dope it would be to have that gig.

Great work.

Guest Corey
Thanks

I was working at a studio in England and came across the work of a guy called Simon Staines at Useful Companies. After alot of persistence I managed to swing some work with them and have been at it ever since. It was definitely beneficial having a background in graphic design.

Mark

59170[/snapback]

Hey, I'm the dude that posted the other screen graphics reel. I have a question... The stuff that Useful Companies makes, is it for burn in or is it on set playback.. you know, interactive stuff.

I ask because the stuff I make has to be interactive and played back on the shoot day so there's some limitations to to the graphics (i.e. file size, resolution, etc, etc) and Useful Companies stuff always looks super kick-ass so i figured it was burn in. (wow, that was long winded of me):wacko:

Corey

BTW the reel kicks ass!

Edited by Corey

Guest coleran
Hey, I'm the dude that posted the other screen graphics reel. I have a question... The stuff that Useful Companies makes, is it for burn in or is it on set playback.. you know, interactive stuff.

I ask because the stuff I make has to be interactive and played back on the shoot day so there's some limitations to to the graphics (i.e. file size, resolution, etc, etc) and Useful Companies stuff always looks super kick-ass so i figured it was burn in. (wow, that was long winded of me):wacko:

Corey

BTW the reel kicks ass!

59197[/snapback]

Thanks Corey

I would say it was 95% playback. Burn ins are rare. Even on the Island stuff, it was all on-set playback with the exception of the desk.

Love the stuff you guys are doing as well. TV is especially hard to do.

Mark

Guest Sao_Bento
Fair enough. The new site wont be ready for a few weeks though and this is just a stop gap.

Mark

59139[/snapback]

Very nice stuff though. Looks like a lot of fun.

Guest coleran

59138[/snapback]

Updated to work of a page with no download required: Coleran Site

Edited by Sao_Bento

Guest Sao_Bento
Updated to work of a page with no download required: Coleran Site

59839[/snapback]

Excellent stuff. I edited your previous post to fix the link - you had an extra “http” in there.

Guest coleran
Excellent stuff. I edited your previous post to fix the link - you had an extra “http” in there.

59845[/snapback]

Thanks Sao