Sign in to follow this  
Guest pixelthief

Stop Alito

Guest superegophobia

this thread is crazy; i was wondering when we were gonna have another good ol' fashion political debate, it's been a while... christianchoice, i must have missed the chapter where slaves were happy to be abused and killed. With posts like that at least now i know why Dubbya is the president...

Guest govinda

Heyooo, Fred's awake again! That's a cause for celebration.

Everyone says they hate them, but we know we love them. Fastest blooming thread on mograph.

Guest fishface

Jesus...its like you guys didn't even read christianchoice's post — American's did everyone a favor by enslaving Africans. What would they have done without us? According to christianchoice, they were as good as dead in their own country, so we could do anything we wanted to them and they would be better off. I just know that is what Jesus would have wanted. Enslave them...as a favor...to God himself. How else could we force our Christianity on them?

You simple minded liberals are all the same — always trying to let people make decisions on their own. When will you fucking learn. This isn't a kids game, you silly bastards. We have to impose what is right for people whether they want it or not.

Guest basilisk
most white people didn't know how to read or write untel the early 1900's....especially those in the south.

...no comment

Guest milksac
its so funny what a little googling will do.

59583[/snapback]

Yeah it is funny what a little gooling will do.

For instance google: R.J. Rushdoony, Politics of Guilt and Pity

The author of the link you posted.

Here's just one example from my search.

"R. J. Rushdoony is considered to be the modern day father of Christian Reconstruction...

...They see themselves in religious terms as a new "master religion" whose destiny is to crush all others in the name of God."

Sounds a lot like Islamic Jihad.

I think Govinda & Jimmy Carter said it best.

Leave your faith out of politics or your faith will become a filthy thing. And vice versa.

Guest christianchoice

yeah, i was kind of worried because i wasn't able to check out the author, thanks for pointing that out....so here is another article showing that not all slaves were mistreated during the time those "18th century" guys wrote the constituion:

http://afroamhistory.about.com/od/slavery/...nialslavery.htm

i think this will be my last post, because this thread has gone WAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic. due largely in part to me. so i will bow out. not because i don't think i'm right, but i am just tired of arguing.... this board is about art, not politics and i have learned my lesson. you guys win!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Edited by christianchoice

Guest atslopes

Read Forum Rules

These are the forum rules:

1) No spamming

2) No appwars, platform wars, political crap, etc. Really folks, it's boring.

3) Mimimize 'me too' posts and other pointless crap.

4) Use the appropriate forums for your posts and follow forum rules.

5) Don't be an asshole.

and last but not least

6) Have a sense of humour ;P

Thanks, :D:D

Guest scott frizzle

I think Govinda & Jimmy Carter said it best.

59588[/snapback]

Indeed. I think all these discussions amount to religious arguments, which notoriously go nowhere. Everyone has their religion, whether it be divine or secular, and they all have similar traits. Try convincing a born again Christian there is no God. Nothing you say will matter; no opinion or facts will persuade him. He believes what he believes, period. Trying to convince most liberals or conservatives that there are inherent flaws in there belief systems will get you the same results. The teams have been chosen. It's not about facts, it's about faith. I know that many political groups claim an intellectual high ground, as if their belief system is based on reality and facts while the other idiots are either evil bastards or mindless sheep, but this is garbage. In most cases the "facts" are simply opinions of others that reinforce what is already believed.

Now, on rare occasions, people are actually willing to listen to each other and consider the possibility that their opponent is intelligent and has actually put effort and thought into arriving at their viewpoint. These discussions are great because you almost always learn something, even if you don't change your basic position. Unfortunately, the current political climate polarizes everything and makes this kind of discussion nearly impossible.

As far as Alito goes, if something bothers you about the whole thing, do your homework. By that I don't mean run to your favorite frothing blog site where everyone there already agrees with you. Dig deeper. Read both the pros and the cons. Diversify your news intake. If you're getting all your news from Fox and the NY Post, you might not be getting the whole story. If you're getting all your news from The LA Times and NPR, you're probably not getting the whole story.

I'll end with an apology for probably sounding like Mr. Above It All. That's not my intent. I'm guilty of all the things I mention above from time to time, and probably right now.

Guest Beaver
Read Forum Rules

These are the forum rules:

1) No spamming

2) No appwars, platform wars, political crap, etc. Really folks, it's boring.

3) Mimimize 'me too' posts and other pointless crap.

4) Use the appropriate forums for your posts and follow forum rules.

5) Don't be an asshole.

and last but not least

6) Have a sense of humour ;P

Thanks, :D  :D

59593[/snapback]

1) En1arge your peni5 size by 200%!

2) C4D Sux, Crapintosh, Bush is ghey

3) I agree

4) Hmm, this one's hard to break in the Lounge

5) See #2

6) :angry:

Wheeeeeeee I'm such a rebel!

Guest atslopes
Wheeeeeeee I'm such a rebel!

59595[/snapback]

I can tell by looking at your avatar, yo dude what happened to the colored one with the rainbow teeth, that was my favorite.

Edited by atslopes

Guest Beaver
I can tell by looking at your avatar, yo dude what happened to the colored one with the rainbow teeth, that was my favorite.

59596[/snapback]

I liked it too, but I thought people might get the wrong idea.

Guest bubba

>blacks weren't slaves because they were black<

You don't fool me, dude. I'm a former redneck from a redneck state, and used to blather that garbage all the time and maybe even believed it. Black people have had a hell of a time on this earth. Overall, they are warm, generous spirits who have given to the world hugely. From art to music to ironic humor to a unique pov. Without them, we'd all be a bunch of goose-stepping stiffs.

Edited by bubba

Guest parallax

Without them blackies being enslaved an all, this here blues 'n' pop music dont exist.

thanking us decent Kristian White folks for not lettin you go astray wold be the bonafide thing to do boy.

Guest pixelthief

And so it begins...

Sweeping anti-abortion laws proposed in 5 States

The Washington Times was one of the first strongholds in what is now the Republican Noise Machine. It is owned by Rev. Sun Myung Moon of the "Moonie" cult fame, who once said of the paper "it is the instrument in spreading the truth about God to the world." Sidenote: Moon's followers hail him as the messiah.

Guest Beaver
And so it begins...

Sweeping anti-abortion laws proposed in 5 States

The Washington Times was one of the first strongholds in what is now the Republican Noise Machine.  It is owned by Rev. Sun Myung Moon of the "Moonie" cult fame, who once said of the paper "it is the instrument in spreading the truth about God to the world."  Sidenote:  Moon's followers hail him as the messiah.

59651[/snapback]

I'd give 'em 1 chance in 100 of actually going thru.

Guest pixelthief

Health Worker's Choice Debated

Health Workers' Choice Debated

Proposals Back Right Not to Treat

By Rob Stein

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, January 30, 2006; Page A01

More than a dozen states are considering new laws to protect health workers who do not want to provide care that conflicts with their personal beliefs, a surge of legislation that reflects the intensifying tension between asserting individual religious values and defending patients' rights.

About half of the proposals would shield pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control and "morning-after" pills because they believe the drugs cause abortions. But many are far broader measures that would shelter a doctor, nurse, aide, technician or other employee who objects to any therapy. That might include in-vitro fertilization, physician-assisted suicide, embryonic stem cells and perhaps even providing treatment to gays and lesbians.

Guest JMSDigital

sounds like we're heading back to the dark ages. I always wondered what it would be like to be a serf...