Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firebetty

Music for showreel

Guest Crypty

Well the thing with those matrixy breakbeats is that they are good to edit/sync your video. From what i've seen, the editing, sync, and overall flow with the music can really make a reel more enjoyable.

In the end the music alone doesn't do much for my opinion on the reel, it's about how that music is integrated with the video.

Edited by Crypty

Guest Sparkle

Well yes, thats why so many people take this kind of music. It's just played out. I think you can sync video to to any kind of music as long as it has a good beat. It just might not be that easy.

On the other hand, if you wanted easy you probarbly wouldn't be into motion graphics ;-)

Guest DRNZ

At worst the music is a humor and pointless matrix like breakbeat that says nothing but "I'm a hardass and I fit the cliche of a GFX computer geek". I also don't like stuff that overly eager in showing off sophistication like artsy, spherical atmospherical type of stuff. It can work but seldomly does (at leas in my eyes).

Hope I'm not stepping on anybodys toes here, but its is just my humble opinion

Greets, Sparkle

Of course, there are those of us who just like breakbeats, "hard-ass" or not. :D

Guest Sparkle

Sure, I wasn't trying to tell people what to like. I like breakbeats myself. But there are just these usual suspects that pop up all the time and thats just boring to say the least.

I'm also a big techno fan but I wouldn't use that kind of music as background to my reel because most people are just not into that. Breakbeats are more excepted for some reason and so if it works out for you just go for it.

I for myself stick to what the Kinks once sang: "I'm not like everybody else" (Quote from their song "I'm not like everybody else" :lol: )

P.S.: I am probarbly like everybody else but let me keep the illusion ;)