Sign in to follow this  
Guest No.4

Growing stuff in c4d

Guest No.4

Yo homies i was wondering if anyone has come across a tutorial in c4d where you can give the impression of something growing? kinda like a stroke mask in After Effects.

I wanna make a long wire wrap around something.

thanks.

Guest Crypty

I wanna know how to do it too. I'm just getting into C4D.

Specifically im wondering about growing 3D lines.

Guest No.4

I wanna know how to do it too. I'm just getting into C4D.

Specifically im wondering about growing 3D lines.

yeah thats exactly what i want, maybe not a tutorial, but just a starting point would be good.

Guest Sao_Bento

Look up “sweep nurbs” in the manual. You can animate the “growth” parameter.

When you progress(?) from a line to those wonderfully under-used flying graffiti arrows, check out Renato's “Path Deformer” plug-in at www.tarabella.it/c4d

Edited by Sao_Bento

Guest Crypty

When you progress(?) from a line to those wonderfully under-used flying graffiti arrows, check out Renato's “Path Deformer” plug-in at www.tarabella.it/c4d

Actually I was thinking I'd be more original and grow vines and flowers. :D

Thanks bro. I'll check it out.

Guest javier G

:lol: that little (?) make me laugh, sorry

Guest the_Monkey

While there are several plugins for different types of growth I would suggest what Sao suggested if you're actually interested in developing advanced growth in c4d.

0) Splines

1) Sweeps first

2) Path Deformer

3) Bones

4) Xpresso

You may think that sweeps are for chumps, but they can be really cool depending on what you put into them. To use them well requires a thorough understanding of all the different types of splines and how their interpolations work... and I think that's essential to get quick desirable results. Most of the plugins require some form of spline input anyway so it will only help once you get something like path deformer.

-m

Guest fishface

Yo homies i was wondering if anyone has come across a tutorial in c4d where you can give the impression of something growing? kinda like a stroke mask in After Effects.

I wanna make a long wire wrap around something.

thanks.

(deleted idiotic post).

I'm just learning the 3D. I posted something earlier that wasn't right. But...if you created your shape and made bones for the shape you could then soft bind the bones to the shape. This would then allow you to animate your shape down a path, with the shape deforming to your path.

Edited by fishface

Guest the_Monkey

use booleans!

Sounds like a dare...

Do as you please, but beware.

-m

Edited by the_Monkey

Guest P90

:blink: :H Hokai. Question, I worked with the Spline Nurbs BUT its only the splines that arent filled. Will I need to use booles for the stuff inside the splines to be filled?

cause well I hate booleans and my ram does too.

btw :o I will be visiting this place lots since I really want to get into motion graphics.

LINK: HiRes

Click here to watch splinestest

LINK: LoRes

Click here to watch splinetestsmall

Edited by P90

Guest the_Monkey

no, just make sure your sweep nurbs have caps... it's the default setting..

That actually won't help the way his examples are built.

-m

Guest P90

That actually won't help the way his examples are built.

-m

Yeah I tryed that but it doesnt work. :) It was one of the first things I tryed.

I figured out a way to do it with Loft Nurbs and Booleans but didnt do it separately but as a whole. This took 2 hours to render :| and its missing a couple of frames.

http://media.putfile.com/logo184

Guest the_Monkey

Yeah I tryed that but it doesnt work. :) It was one of the first things I tryed.

I figured out a way to do it with Loft Nurbs and Booleans but didnt do it separately but as a whole. This took 2 hours to render :| and its missing a couple of frames.

http://media.putfile.com/logo184

I think I've posted this here before, but this was built with sweeps:

http://simplebox.org/files/mograph/Graf_04d.mov

You can do it with sweeps but you need to construct your letters as volumes instead of outlines.

-m

Guest P90

I think I've posted this here before, but this was built with sweeps:

http://simplebox.org/files/mograph/Graf_04d.mov

You can do it with sweeps but you need to construct your letters as volumes instead of outlines.

-m

:H :H That looks really great. Can you post a screen of how the splines are construced or send me the file(hope Im not asking for too much here)

Did you do the original splines in Illisturator . Are the splines with 3 dimensions not just flat?

Thanks

-e

Guest the_Monkey

:H :H That looks really great. Can you post a screen of how the splines are construced or send me the file(hope Im not asking for too much here)

Did you do the original splines in Illisturator . Are the splines with 3 dimensions not just flat?

Thanks

-e

Actually, the edge of 3D computer graffiti has become so dull that I'd been planning on making a couple of these files public for awhile. I'm pretty busy the next couple days, but I'll post something back here by mid-week.

I prefer building my splines in c4d since it has more spline types and you can control them a little better. I can't remember if these splines were 3D or not. I have some examples of both.

-m

Guest P90

Actually, the edge of 3D computer graffiti has become so dull that I'd been planning on making a couple of these files public for awhile. I'm pretty busy the next couple days, but I'll post something back here by mid-week.

I prefer building my splines in c4d since it has more spline types and you can control them a little better. I can't remember if these splines were 3D or not. I have some examples of both.

-m

That would be really great ;)

Guest the_Monkey

cre8_reference.jpg

Graf_04b_wire.jpgGraf_04b.jpg

Scenefile

A couple things to note:

• The rotation of the sweep (a trick I use all too often).

• Some expresso that isn't really necessary (I think it was left over from a previous experiment)

• Try removing all the phong tags and you'll get very interesting triangular artifacts (I've left these in on purpose in the past).

I made these sketches while I was on the clock at Saline, but they ultimately didn't get used for the particular project.

Big thanks to them for being cool enough to let me share them with the public.

-m

Guest Nick

The Monkey RULES! I have learned so much from picking apart your scene files. Thank you much.

Guest mofresh

The Monkey RULES! I have learned so much from picking apart your scene files. Thank you much.

i'll second that. thanks for your generosity. big help mon!