Sign in to follow this  
Guest PrsROSE

reel finished - www.j-geissler.com

Guest PrsROSE

good to hear. sucks there are so many naysayers out there... they are good guys who mean well. nothing but respect for em. inspirational too. especially in my period of intense self doubt (like now)...heh.

~jeff

Guest SermonOfMockery

i have only met jamie a couple of times, never the other guys, but they seem like total douchebag homophobic meatheads... i try not to think about that, though, because their music is so good :)

Guest parallax

Who says the bulk of this forum is only into hipster urban design? '

I think a lot of people will agree that something like this (while we're on the subject of politics.) http://www.bushin30seconds.org/view/01_large.shtml

is a very good spot, and uses as little graffiti or 3D ribbons to tell its story as possible.

You know, in the end of the day, stuff needs to be sold.

Guest SermonOfMockery

yeah... i think most of the people on here are, if anything, very critical of "hipster urban design." as i posted a while ago i personally am all for shallow, trendy eye candy but i think that is far from the consensus here. i think we all appreciate solid fundamentals- design, motion, editing, etc., though, regardless of the style.

Guest what?

i can't believe I missed all the 'me' bashin'! damm! i didn't know this thread was still alive and well!

this is hilarious. the amazing lack of irony by dun_d3viant is truly breath taking.

what you're basically saying is, 'i'm good and i know i am, and whatever anyone else says i'm good, cause somebody at a design company said i was good, and plus i'm not trying to be good, cause it's art, so it means what i want it to mean and also i don't want to do this job anyway, i want to do another one, but i can't show you any of that, but i am much better than you at that, and anyway i have been trying to provoke you so ha i won again, and if i didn't win i didn't want to anyway.....................I"M THE BEST!!!"

Guest wing

i just kinda read through this tread, and someone commented that what was hip in the 70s and 80s is now laughable... and i have to laugh at that comment, because i'm mostly inspired by art prior to the 90s. those old 70s logos for tv stations look so cool when they had that neon glow thing going on. and 60s/70s movie title openings are some of the best! pink panther is classic, and what about all the bond ones, stuff ala saul bass? if anything, i think most work from back in those days might be laughable in production quality, but i still think we can learn a lot from their design concepts and innovations. why would anyone study classical music or opera, when that stuff is 200 years old? why would anyone study fine art painters from 600 years ago? just because something is "outdated" and not up to the current trends doesn't mean that we can't learn a lot from them. i find the best looking stuff to me personally is not something that totally copies 70s and 80s style things, but definitely has inspiration in those design eras. print and typography work from the 60s and 70s is among the best i've ever seen. I love german design from that era. i think while that stuff may not be so trendy now, there is definitely a lot of inspiration found in it, and a lot of design concepts and ideas to learn from. these are the pioneers, and while their work may not be as popular today, i find their work still just as great and talented, and sometimes moreso than the computerized crap i see today.

how much cooler logos looked in the 60s and 70s when they were HAND DRAWN as opposed to the ultra hip super uber clean illustrator stuff with tons of flashy 3d glowing drop shadow crap going on today. i have NOTHING against illustrator and computerized logos, because i make them too, i'm just saying that the best logos and design made today definitely take note from designers past and present, and this goes for print AND motion, and just about anything really.

case in point:

bk_logo.jpg

VS.

burger-king-c-200x196.gif

to me, it's not the fact it has an old school feel to it, but rather the fact it's simple and clean that makes it stand out more to me.

anyway, the reel wasn't so bad, but yes it did have a corporate video flashy look to it. but if that's what you like so be it. however, if i were to give any constructive criticism, i would say try to improve the relationship between the edit and the music, because it doesn't really flow well.

Guest fredcamino

every time this thread comes alive, a baby angel dies. do you want to be responsible for that? lock it off for the vaults!

Guest what?

now that you say it like that i feel dirty. i don't want to be responsible for any of those little fairy's deaths.

plus how the hell do i post an image on here? i've tried clicking Img but then it just appears as code in the post.

Guest wing
now that you say it like that i feel dirty. i don't want to be responsible for any of those little fairy's deaths.

plus how the hell do i post an image on here? i've tried clicking Img but then it just appears as code in the post.

bild_dead_angel.JPG

do you have 'disable BBCode in this post' unchecked?

Guest PrsROSE

yeah. please end. I never asked for all of this...

or maybe i did. but whatever. its over now right?

Guest PrsROSE

hahaha. yeah. at least my 'amateur' work got some controversy. wheeeeew hoooooooo.

peace ya'll. its been fun.

Guest vagon

Alright girls, enough bickering. This isn't Jenny Jones is it? That is what this site is for. My isht got ripped up, and spit out. Which it deserves to be. And will not be ripped up again.. Because havoc will be caused visually...