Sign in to follow this  
Guest jslicer

Wow, someone ripped off my site.....literally

Guest jslicer

Quick Update:

Well, looks like they took the site down this morning Netherlands time as all the nasty guestbook messages piled up during the day here in the States. Either way, I have plenty of screengrabs of the ripoff and will post them if anyone wants to see. Better than that, i took a screengrab movie - side by side comparison of my site to the knockoff site. What's really sad was that i found out by looking at the guestbook entries that the site had been up since early February and no one had noticed it. I think whoever built it probably almost thought they were gonna get away with it. But it only takes one person to notice for a site like this to go down. I wish i could hear the phonecall this morning between djactivator and his supposed web design company. Funny thing is I used to live in Holland - where a ton of great design is created all the time. Sad to think that this had to come from a country with so much talent. Anyways, check out the movie here:

Side_by_Side_Comparison Movie is 2.5 minutes with audio and is 15 MBs - so be a wee bit patient

thanks to all that posted here and on the guestbook. ya'llz got my back!

-word-

so i'm a mographer that's had my site up for a while

mn8studio.com

i got an e-mail today about this site from a dj in the netherlands

djactivator.com

can't believe how literally they ripped off my site. obviously they got all the stuff with some sort of flash decompiler. if you'd like to send an e-mail to the design studio taking credit for this blatant rip off site, i'd totally appreciate it. i put alot of hard work into this site for someone to come along and take the literal finished piece and try to resell it to one of their clients.

here's the design studio:

Extranza

and their e-mail design@extranza.com

Edited by jslicer

Guest JMSDigital

wow, what a total rip. sorry man, that sux. they def. used a flash decompiler on that.

Guest biggieboy

WHOA! :blink: That is damn sickening. I love how they still have the option of going to the "Normal Site" even though there is no other option. That kind of shit makes me sick. On the plus side, that is a really kick-ass site you did, it's unfortunate there are such dishonest people out there.

Let's flood their inbox.

I just drank 2 cans of Liquid Ice and watched V for Vendetta, now I'm all riled up for a fight!!! :D

D is for Douchebags.

Guest jslicer

totally! if you click on the bottom link on the main navigation under guestbook, you can see the comments already coming about it being a total rip off. i doubt the site will be up for long if they have any common sense.

Guest mamurphy

sent them an email and "signed" their guestbook.

tools

Edited by mamurphy

Guest biggieboy

I can just picture it: "WOW! Good news DJ Dickhead, your site got 2 million hits last night!!!.....oh.....wait.....aw shit."

Guest Kane

Struck Design was the studio i worked with for getting the site built. Check their new site out. Good stuff, good guys.

Struck Design

They have some really good work over there at Struck

As far as the douchebag collective over in the Netherlands, it seems that they can't design for s@*t so they go around stealing peoples hard work. Just look thru some more of the other fairy Dj sites they have.

Assholes! :angry:

Guest tim_irus

I gave him a nice reply in dutch ;)

they even had some sites that ripped of 2advanced a bit. that would be the last site Id wanne rip off

Edited by tim_irus

Guest superegophobia

i'm looking into what can be done about this to take action. everyone else's thoughts?

Maybe 'accidentally' enter their email in random spam mailing lists.... a few adult sites here, a few penis enlargement emails there.... :D

Guest jslicer

Extranza's (guys taking credit for the site) mission statement:

State-of-the-art, custom Web site design and development that agrees to your taste and suits your personal, business, or organizational needs, going above and beyond your demands for quality design and functionality.Today's business world requires a strong web presence. It's not enough to just have a web site. Your web site must make an impact. Using a skilled website designer the key to a lasting impression. A lasting impression is the key to return business. Most consumers make a yes or no decision about your business within seconds of seeing your web site's design, the "look and feel". That decision is based almost exclusively on the visual impact of your web page graphics and layout. A skilled graphic designer is the key to creating a positive impression on your prospective consumer or client.We will develop an image for your website that fits your target audience and makes your business stand out among your competitors and most of all reflects your companies feelings...

can someone grab me a air sickness bag quick......

Guest pauloblob

Just another thing, you got a cool work there...Congrats dude!!!!!!!!!!! Your site is very well designed too.

:)

Whats is DRM?

Guest postmodern

holyshit doood!!!! Dont you wish you can kick the shit out of some people?? jus read the guestbook, some damned funny shit in there.

Guest SpriteMaster

Count me in, I e-mailed them and I'll do the guestbook thing as well. This is unbelievable. Anyway great site you got there, and great work too.

- AA