Sign in to follow this  
Guest zerendra

Post pictures of your office/studio

Guest fletty

my desk in editing room at work

work2.jpg

my associates desk in editing room at work

work.jpg

note the x-raid sitting on the floor (in the cabinet). man that thing pumps the heat out...

Guest zerendra

my desk in editing room at work

work2.jpg

my associates desk in editing room at work

work.jpg

note the x-raid sitting on the floor (in the cabinet). man that thing pumps the heat out...

fluorescent lighting sdlkfjd sl;kfjdsafsdalfjh

Guest isotropy

I love the burning man sticker that's on the back of your laptop! Nice :) I'm hoping to go back some time... i've only been twice, but it's quite the trek from canada.

My desk here at Digital Anarchy...a design and QA station.

591465399l3jk.jpg

I've been meaning to post to this thread for awhile but it took me over a year to get settled here in Brooklyn after moving from the San Francisco, Bay Area. 12 core, monitor, laptop, vintage luxo lamp, murakami, and plenty of plants to keep the workspace fresh.

Cheers.

photo (1).JPG

Edited by baynoise

Liking the desk. What kind? I have been looking for a solid 2" slab solid wood top desk but havent been having much luck.

Two Ikea table tops and two pairs of legs. Cheap, sturdy and looks pretty good.

I've been trying to push this idea for awhile now, and it's been gaining some steam after an article in the NY Times, but as workers who are constantly in front of a computer, I suggest a desk that has the ability to go up and down that'll give you the option to stand or sit. Sitting hours on end is just not good for us. These desks are crazy mad expensive but I think they'll pay for themselves in the long run. www.anthro.com

I bought one of their older sitting desk models like 8 years ago and it's still going strong. Had two 20" CRT's and 2 boxes attached to either side. No buckling, no bending.

Sorry if I sound like a shill, but before buying a desk I searched extensively for something good and low priced, and unfortunately those 2 qualities don't go together and I ended up with an Anthro. I never regretted spending the loot on it.

agree with Oeuf. if you want ergonomics, that certainly comes at a cost.

but if you're looking for something on a low budget, i got away with an old door laid across two filing cabinets for awhile. as a bonus, the hole for the door handle served as a nice way to keep all my cables organized.

I suggest a desk that has the ability to go up and down that'll give you the option to stand or sit. Sitting hours on end is just not good for us. These desks are crazy mad expensive but I think they'll pay for themselves in the long run. www.anthro.com

Been thinking about this for a while. I think my next desk upgrade is going to be a stand sit option. Heard good things about these and I think they are a fair bit cheaper than the anthro although maybe it's a case of you get what you pay for http://www.geekdesk.com/

Guest Sao_Bento

I have also used the "wooden door across two filing cabinets" approach. It works well. Regarding the whole standing desk craze - the majority of people who I've known that tried it ended up back in a chair after a couple of months. Trendy? Yes! practical, not really - or perhaps only for a small percentage of people. Same with the whole sitting-on-an-exercise-ball" trend. Try using a timer to remind you to get up and walk somewhat frequently.

I have also used the "wooden door across two filing cabinets" approach. It works well. Regarding the whole standing desk craze - the majority of people who I've known that tried it ended up back in a chair after a couple of months. Trendy? Yes! practical, not really - or perhaps only for a small percentage of people. Same with the whole sitting-on-an-exercise-ball" trend. Try using a timer to remind you to get up and walk somewhat frequently.

Its all about the running in place/pull ups/sit-ups while rendering my friend. You look like a crazy person but it helps and is better than checking facebook while waiting on renders.

While we are throwing out ideas for ideal/luxury desks check out Milk. http://www.milk.dk/#360high

Flat out gorgeous and automatically raises and lowers itself.

On the cheap, you can make your own stand/sit desk by purchasing some inexpensive single kitchen cabinets and countertop. I wish I still had a stand/sit option, because variety is the secret to comfort. I've torn my left knee in half twice and it doesn't like to spend too much time in one position. Also, for a quick "dash to the desk" it's nice not to have to hunch over for a minute to find what you need.

I worked at a TV station that did my office like this, and I really liked it. The cupboard space was awesome! :)

Cf