Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firebetty

SOCIAL!!!!

Guest Firebetty

Hey.

I know that some of you out in mograph-land are drinkers.

I also know that some of you have wondered what the rest of us look like behind our avatar and anonimity?

Some of us already know the real...uhh...US. But many of us don't.

I guess I need friends or something, otherwise, why would I be on this forum day after day?

All of my female friends are all having babies and shit...

You don't even have to like each other...You could just drink and sulk in the corner.

So, what I'm saying is...who in Los Angeles wants to meet for drinks some time in the near future? We could go to a place that is central to (most) everyone. It would be totally casual. Don't bring your reel or expect a critique. It would be more of a meet and network type of thing...see who's who.

If y'all are into it, we'll work out the details. If not..fuck it, I'll drink by myself.

Edited by Firebetty

Guest olav

I'm gonna be in LA for the month of august. I'd come out if it waited until then.

Man I wished I was in LA and not in Belgium, otherwise count me up.

Olav

Guest nybe

For a sec I thought this was a post about the new joint on Sunset called... SOCIAL, at the old Hollywood Athletic Club.

I'm in L.A., count me in.

Guest Firebetty

I'm gonna be in LA for the month of august. I'd come out if it waited until then.

Don't cry Tread. Since we have about 14 more days of July...it MIGHT be possible to wait for you. But I also think if we have a dandy ol' time - and if there are less than a handful of brawls, we could potentially do this more than once. ["who are you again? Sorry man, I'm bad with names."]

I'll think on it, and come up with somewhere. Feel free to make suggestions on a place that is relaxed, and not too loud, so we can at least hear the swearing. I'd prefer it was NOT trendy or ughh..."hip". Meaning, drinks should not be more than around $6 & beers should be cheaper.

I was thinking somewhere in Hollywood, since I'm on the East side, and I know some of you are on the West side. Do any of you know the Casting Office in Burbank?

Feel free to bring others too...it's not a meeting. It's a social.

Guest Nhowe

im on the east coast till the end of the month...Im down to get up when i get back.

but i say lets stay out of the valley, as johnny drama says "North of Ventura Boulevard is Hell's waiting room"

Guest laughingcolors

we should have it in the beverly hills land, or santa monica

But i'd be up .

Beer is the best ! (whiskey too)

Edited by laughingcolors

Guest Chinaski

I'd be down for it. I'm out of town in the middle of August, but any other time works for me.

Cat and Fiddle has been brought up before as a good place to meet.

Guest Firebetty

Awight...

Here's the deal. I'm picking a place that I know and sorta love. For the next one, we'll pick someone to pick.

August 10 (Thursday) Chinaski can you make this date?

Starts 6pm to ???

Casting Office

It's just West of Barham on the North side of where Ventura becomes Cahuenga.

Address:

3256 Cahuenga Blvd W

Los Angeles, CA 90068-1302

(323) 851-4300

Cross Street: Bennett Drive

It's in a small mini type mall. Look for the Yellow "LIQUOR" sign, that's not it, but turn in to that lot. Totally unpretentious. And hopefully the CREEPY mannequin in the window next door is still there.

Look for the bitchy girl with black hair.

Edited by Firebetty

Guest Chinaski

August 10 (Thursday) Chinaski can you make this date?

Starts 6pm to ???

Casting Office

It's just West of Barham on the North side of where Ventura becomes Cahuenga.

Address:

3256 Cahuenga Blvd W

Los Angeles, CA 90068-1302

Look for the bitchy girl with black hair.

I'm not sure if I can make it there at that time. We'll see. I'll be in the last week of a pretty tough project then. Probably going to require some long hours.

Guest crabbey1

I would love to come out and drink some Jack... But I am gonna be back East from the 5th til the 20th... How bout you set up another for after the 20th sometime...? BTW, I am in Vegas and will be driving out, so I will need some recommendations on where to pass out at? Anyone got any cool cheap spots?

Guest myExperiment

i'm gonna be in italy on the 10th. maybe i'll see you guys at the next one.

Guest dj orange

I'm in westminster you can count me in. and also crabbey I got a living room you can use, if you're that desperate. =)

This is great actually I'm going to be opening a bar soon next month in hollywood -- melrose and la cienega -- all you guys can come drink cheaply !!!!!

Guest Firebetty

We can plan on having another one later in the month or in September for those of you who can't make this first one, if you guys want. I mean, who knows...we might hate each other. There might be fisticuffs... :o

Hope to see you there.

Guest Tread

oh, I'll definitely be fighting somebody, bein from the east coast n' all...

what? you think LA mographers are better than NY mographers? Look at my arms... you really want me to put them to work on you?

Guest Firebetty

oh, I'll definitely be fighting somebody, bein from the east coast n' all...

what? you think LA mographers are better than NY mographers? Look at my arms... you really want me to put them to work on you?

Tread, you have gangly arms. They look sorta freakish. LOL! I've been told that I too have freakishly long arms.

No, not really...that's a lie.

Also, I'm always up for a good fight. I'm from Detroit originally where fighting and lighting shit on fire are city wide pastimes.

Edited by Firebetty

Guest crabbey1

I'm in westminster you can count me in. and also crabbey I got a living room you can use, if you're that desperate. =)

This is great actually I'm going to be opening a bar soon next month in hollywood -- melrose and la cienega -- all you guys can come drink cheaply !!!!!

Hey man, that would be great... If I save some money on a hotel, I can spend more at the bar... Woo-woo... The whistles go Whooooo!!!!!