Sign in to follow this  
kinojay33

What Project Are You Working On?

dude, that is stone cold homemade :D

gotta give the client what the client wants. it all spends the same :H

Just f'n with ya--I understand completely. If I had a dollar for every time I've been forced to use a JumpBack, well...I could buy more JumpBacks. :)

animation for LED billboards (the kind that sits around the soccer field) for a local beer brand...first time i do something like this.

open/close for the commercial of a music festival.

Oooh...I might need to pick your brain about this. I've been wanting to use an LED wall for an event next year & have no idea how to create media for it. Mind if I contact you offline?

Similar situation here. But the pay is pretty good.

I'm creeping into mograph very slowly.

That's why my current project is... The Duck Race tutorial from Maxon ;)

heh, I dont get paid very well, but I decided to buy a somewhat expensive car, and if I were to leave here, it would get repod and my credit would get shot so Im stuck, till I get good enough at MoGraph to suppliment my income now. Which should happen hopefully before Quarter 3 - 2010.

mfh, nice style frames. I love the look, but I don't think it would fly at my job...somehow I don't see them letting me use french bulldogs and 3D flowers to sell a 40mm grenade machine gun.

sigh.

Guest bne meyrs

man... your job sounds crazy kinojay.

lol, definately. no mograph.net? like what da faaack, meyng?!

mfh, nice style frames. I love the look, but I don't think it would fly at my job...somehow I don't see them letting me use french bulldogs and 3D flowers to sell a 40mm grenade machine gun.

sigh.

hahhaha you should just pitch it anyways, there might be a childrens market

lol, definately. no mograph.net? like what da faaack, meyng?!

Yeah, it's different...I'm the mographer in a six-man internal creative team at a major defense company. It's probably like most in-house gigs in that I spend a lot of time working on little BS tasks (i.e. dubbing tapes, B-roll, etc.) and not enough time doing design & mograph. But they pretty much give me creative freedom to do what I want for internal company events (some stuff I NEVER expected to get away with working for this type of company, like doing completely abstract mograph pieces with an Aphex Twin soundtrack for an event opener). And unlike most in-house mograph gigs, I get to direct HD video shoots occasionally, as well strap on a flac jacket and fire large grenade machine guns from the top of a Humvee!

It would be nice to have more diversity in my projects (I get a sense of longing whenever I see somebody doing a whimsical opener for Nickelodeon or Comedy Central), but all in all it's not a bad gig.

If you plan to gamble make sure you have a 'gambling budget' and plan to lose it all. Chalk it up to entertainment expenses.

Don't know how good of an idea that is... My roomie is a professional Poker player. Him and his buddies go down to the strip and prey on THOSE tourists with the "Gambling Budget"... Beware...

Still working on Valentine's Day, But now I'm also designing title treatments for a (TV) movie. I'm wrangling IT to get our computers working right, and doing promo graphics for another movie. It's all due Friday of course. How the hell do I have time to tell you guys? I'm a slacker who's good with key commands.

You guys with the home remodel gigs...I feel your pain. I gutted the bathroom in our 74 year old house to find all kinds of nasty surprises contained therein. Framed the exterior wall shut, removing a window in the tub, then pretty much put in new everything else. It was the first time I'd done any of this, so it was slow going...but turned out great!

Good luck...hope you don't have the same amount of unpleasant surprises that I did.

Cf

Yeah, it's different...I'm the mographer in a six-man internal creative team at a major defense company. It's probably like most in-house gigs in that I spend a lot of time working on little BS tasks (i.e. dubbing tapes, B-roll, etc.) and not enough time doing design & mograph. But they pretty much give me creative freedom to do what I want for internal company events (some stuff I NEVER expected to get away with working for this type of company, like doing completely abstract mograph pieces with an Aphex Twin soundtrack for an event opener). And unlike most in-house mograph gigs, I get to direct HD video shoots occasionally, as well strap on a flac jacket and fire large grenade machine guns from the top of a Humvee!

It would be nice to have more diversity in my projects (I get a sense of longing whenever I see somebody doing a whimsical opener for Nickelodeon or Comedy Central), but all in all it's not a bad gig.

Dude, you gotta find a way to shmooz with the Burton guys out there, that would be one insane design experience for print or mograph!!

Dude, you gotta find a way to shmooz with the Burton guys out there, that would be one insane design experience for print or mograph!!

It's funny you mention that--Burton is right around the corner from where I work. It has developed a nasty reputation for sucking college interns dry and dumping them when they ask to get paid for their work. They don't do much in the way of mograph either.

As much as I would like to do work for their clientele (and that of the other popular design film, Jager DiPaolo & Kemp), they'd never even let me in the door knowing my salary requirements. If you're expecting more than 35k a year to work yourself to death for them, they're not interested.

I soooooo envy kids in their early 20s with a decent trust fund who can take the coolest job available. Unfortunately, I've always been the schmuck who has to take the crap jobs that pay well... :(

Anyhoo, back to the topic of the thread--here's a really rough design for a graphic concept for my new website.

21ja90n.jpg

Just now officially got a gig doing the opening titles and in-show graphics for an upcoming show on Discovery. I'm one-man-banding it and I have a 2 week turnaround. Not to mention my other commitments. :D

Just now officially got a gig doing the opening titles and in-show graphics for an upcoming show on Discovery. I'm one-man-banding it and I have a 2 week turnaround. Not to mention my other commitments. :D

Congrats! Sounds like a tight deadline, but an opener for a show on a major cable station is always good for the reel.

Nice wouldn't mind scoring something like that.

Nice wouldn't mind scoring something like that.

yeah, it was totally one of those "right place at the right time" kind of things. They just happened to be discussing how their plans for a full 3D intro fell through while I was in the room, so I showed them my site and offered to do a mograph piece for them. I was kind of on edge all weekend waiting to hear back, but the producer checked out my first couple designs for it and took the bait this morning. I'll post when it's done.