Sign in to follow this  
olav Verhoeven

Waterdrops falling from screen

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create waterdrops that slide from my screen (like they do on a window), I don't really now where to start, create it in 3D (C4D), AE, FCP or....

Thse are composited over the footage I'm creating.

Anybody have some tips, links, plugs,...?

THX

O.

there is also stock footage of this. Here's a still of one that I quickly found...

[sorry, i posted a link but it doesn't work]

Just do a search for Water Drops. Good luck!

Edited by Firebetty

There is also a condensation plugin in one of the Tinderbox packs. I used to do a little bit of fill in on a project I worked on. It isn't going to look 100% right unless you use from real photos or video.

ag-dvx100.jpg

batterycleaningeli483.jpg

window.jpg

Probably one of the funniest things Ive experienced all day! Thank you very much sir!

i made my water droplets in PS and just animated the mask and expansion settings...check it...

http://www.flipswitch.tv/HE_final_logo.mov

See that was awsome! I just watched your video and to me thats some great stuff. I want to be able to do stuff like that! lol I sound like a corny newbie, but I guess in this field thats just what I am! Amazing stuff man!

Guest spence

i made my water droplets in PS and just animated the mask and expansion settings...check it...

http://www.flipswitch.tv/HE_final_logo.mov

The animation looks a bit odd... all the drops fall at the same rate and stop falling more or less at the same time, and they all follow similar paths (I assume you just duplicated the one animation). I'd mix it up a bit, and do at least a few different animations and pase them at diferent rates. That or go record actual water running down a surface...