Sign in to follow this  
The Crabster

2006 Showreel from crabbey.com

Really nice collection of your work at Current (plus a few other things) and I'm digging your site redesign. That said, it'll be nice to see some projects that don't all resolve to the Current logo in the next few months. The music works, but I may be in the minority of people who think faux punk covers of 80's songs are a bit tired. Chalk it up to personal taste. Like I said though, it works and your work is strong so I don't know how much it matters.

However, 66mb for a Sorensen 3 file? Isn't that kinda silly?

some nice stuff. I like the pullback through the picture frames.

amen on the song. it's terrible. but i'm 30 and have elvis on my reel. so that makes me old.

wait... im 29... and i dig the song... that whole album i loved when it came out...they redid all old 80s songs from movies.... so age has nothing to do with personal taste in music... i mean when we were younger greenday was around...almost the same vibe

Guest spence

I'm 21 and I think the song is garbage... Pop punk in general is garbage with very few exceptions...

In the words of Rodney Dangerfield, "I can't get no respect..."

Seriously though, I didn't realize that song was that annoying IMHO... I showed my reel to like 15 people yesterday and not a word... No biggie though... Choosing that song went against my normal taste, but I thought it appealed to a larger audience than some of my other choices... Who doesn't like the Karate Kid?

Regardless, the last thing I want is to lose work because of Ralph Macchio... So expect a new edit sometime in the near future...

PS. There is a smaller Sorenson File on the way...

Illtastic, Crabster- seen you post a lot of the cuts as WIPs and it always lights a fire under my ass to see you hit it so fresh and so clean, but I gotta go with the crowd on the music-'specially when the Bay runs it on so many genres......you could find somethin' "hella hyfie" i'm sure :lol:

oh yeah, "SWEEP THE LEG, JOHNNY!!!!!"

Real nice visuals, but gotta be honest that song really started to bug me.

i think the work is great, but i was getting flashbacks to the karate kid III with the song.

Illtastic, Crabster- seen you post a lot of the cuts as WIPs and it always lights a fire under my ass to see you hit it so fresh and so clean, but I gotta go with the crowd on the music-'specially when the Bay runs it on so many genres......you could find somethin' "hella hyfie" i'm sure :lol:

oh yeah, "SWEEP THE LEG, JOHNNY!!!!!"

Thanks man... Don't know 'bout the "Hyphie" but I got an idea up my sleeve...

This is the new site and 2006 Showreel from crabbey.com... The floor is open for discussion...

crabbey.com

Two versions of the reel:

H.264 (20Mb)

Sorenson 3 (26.5Mb)

Enjoy! :D

Damn, that reel is tight. I think the music is fine considering you did a great edit for it, even during the breakdown. I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics but the cut kept my attention.

And that's all that matters, I guess...

:)

NICE. Really strong work. Good motion, good edit.

I wanted to contribute something that WASN'T about the song... but it's the only thing that jumped right out and bothered me. It's totally a taste thing. If that song reflects your taste, personality and energy... it's probably perfect. But you seem cool – and these f**ing pop-punk bands are the douchebags you see on MTV wearing their punk uniforms, dating Hillary Duffs, and shooting the shit amiably on TRL (NOT punk). Plus, I sort of think gimmicky covers are lame. Write something original.

That said.. Way to freak a really, really nice lookin reel. :)

nice,

good strong edit.

i actually liked the song, hahah. Just for me personally i thought it fitted in well with the colors and and direction you took the reel...

i know you work at Current and thats where you get most of your content... but are you able to splice in more of your own stuff?? it kinda seemed like it was a current reel, not a crabbey reel.

just my 2c though