Sign in to follow this  
The Crabster

2006 Showreel from crabbey.com

hi there

i think the reason people mention the music so much is because your visuals have definitely got what it takes, so it's a huge shame to let it down with this talentless reedy screeching going in people's ears, and it's easily fixed. your graphics deserve better than that! seriously i actually found the music threw me off concentrating on your work, especially when the singer(s) hit flat notes, that made me wince

you can clearly design - team it up with a band that can actually perform!

Nice way to sum it up tyy.

Seriously, that music, if you have any reels in the mail, sack the postman and demand to get the reels back into your hands. You do not want those going out to potential clients.

Great work though!!!

You’re the best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Seems like the music is a big issue here. I have to watch sans audio here at work, so just judging from the visuals its a very kick-ass reel.

Lots of great color, and for some reason i really like the clubs/parties piece with the single-purple-line skylines and palm trees. The hand-drawn looking stuff is cool too.

:)

I'll slip right in and agree with everyone. The work looks good, really nice. The music is bad. I feel like a bit of a hypocrit saying that since I got some of that when I put my reel out, and I just got mad and told people that I didn't care about their personal taste in music. But it sounds like you've taken the advice to heart and are changing it? I think...

Regardless, your stuff is good, and there isn't anything to say about it, critically.

Nice Job Crabster. Good luck on your 'mission' ;)

Great work man!

Def. give me a shout when your on tha westsideeeee we'll grab some drinks

Of course man... Can't wait! Save some work for me... ;)

I'll slip right in and agree with everyone. The work looks good, really nice. The music is bad. I feel like a bit of a hypocrit saying that since I got some of that when I put my reel out, and I just got mad and told people that I didn't care about their personal taste in music. But it sounds like you've taken the advice to heart and are changing it? I think...

Regardless, your stuff is good, and there isn't anything to say about it, critically.

Nice Job Crabster. Good luck on your 'mission' ;)

Sticking with the track, but adding more cuts to dif. songs for the viewer... That way I don't lose clients because of personal taste...

Thanks for the support... :D

Edited by The Crabster

I feel like a bit of a hypocrit saying that since I got some of that when I put my reel out, and I just got mad and told people that I didn't care about their personal taste in music.

Sorry, Ted, but Stickshifts & Safetybelts on your reel was absolutely brilliant.

crabbey's song just doesn't have the same kind of trancendence that Cake has.

...not trying to pile on crabster, I just really like Cake. :H

Of course man... Can't wait! Save some work for me... ;)

Sticking with the track, but adding more cuts to dif. songs for the viewer... That way I don't lose clients because of personal taste...

Thanks for the support... :D

crabbey man i don't think you should make different cuts. make a choice and stick with it. what are they going to have to pick from 5 seperate reel links? you know no one wants to do that.

do YOU like this song? don't just pick a song that 'appeals to a client' i mean. who knows what a client would like? some like rock and hate rap, some like rap and hate rock, some look like bill gates, some look like that doofus guy from agency.com... the reel music reflects who you are. pick a song that sounds good and that you like. if you're cool (which i know you are) you'll pick a cool song.

Nice.......nice.....music sucks..nice.....HOT....smoking ..your music sucks .....tight....bad ass......work.............

now when u coming to the "GO" ?

think i got that red carpet in the crawl space or something.. at east give me the 3 hour flight difference notice so I can dust it off...

personally I love how threads go directly to focusing on one aspect! <I personally don't like the music choice.. but when i watched the reel.. It got all into it my head (head bobbing and all) < and how could you not love a song with a clap sequence? makes me all emotional! B)

The reel is great,

And I have to say that I like NFG! but I never liked this album. With that said, I find it nearly impossible to cut my reel to punk, (I have tried several times) and you totally pulled it off.

Congrats, and enjoy all that it brings.

-six