Sign in to follow this  
BillD²²²

siggraph 2006??

Wow, I didnt realize it came and went. I didnt hear anything whatsoever about it.

I guess that's where the announcements for max and maya came out of.

Was there anything of note that anybody is aware of? Was a very quiet passing.

I went out and demoed for Maxon. It was a pretty cool convention. Too bad the city was so frickin' hot! It was just as other people said it would be...much more techie. A lot of the demoing was like watching DVD extras for movies like Open Season, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and other movies like that or it was super technical and above and beyond what most broadcast designers would use 3D for. I guess the guy who did the Pirates presentation at the ILM booth was some big wig. It was definitely geared towards hard core animation and not a whole lot about broadcast design side of things. I guess the Zbrush 2.5 demo was really impressive. I met some really cool people though and learned some really fun stuff in C4D. I will have to attend NAB next year to have something to compare it to.

Edited by BOY:1:DER

Maya 8 came out... but it was barely mentioned. Probably because it is a bogus update. Fusion went to Linux. Nuke now has a free learning version. OH and this is a Biggie, part of the adobe sign fell and almost hit the presenter. I donno I just thought it was funny.

But for me the biggest thing was all the networking. I (think) I picked up at least one new client, and I met a ton of artists at the Cafefx party.

All in all though, I didn't see too much mind blowing stuff.

Yah, seems to have been a lackluster year. Seems to be more and more blah events replacing what used to be sorta exciting tradeshows and events.

Too much consolidation and self-congratulatory back-patting, and not enough innovation. :unsure:

Fusion went to Linux.

any news about fusion beside linux version ? eyeon should be demoing new 5.1 beta at siggraph and from the news on their site,looks like great update...if you have see demonstration of the new features,can you please post some comment,i know fusion is not favorite mograph software,but i like it very much so any news is welcome

eyeon announced today the new features to their latest version of Fusion’s advanced workflow image processing engine, including:

3DS, OBJ and FBX Support - Allow for importing of models and scenes.

Projector in 3D – Project images and live action onto 3D geometry.

Bender 3D - Fusion now applies twists, tapers, bends and skews.

Additional Tools - 3D Displace, Sky Creator and Distort tools.

Paint Enhancements - New multi-stroke paint features dramatically improve paint performance.

Mask Improvements – Masks now use standard tools like Merge or Boolean.

Multi-Path Maps – A necessary background utility for large networks.

Universal Plug-Ins – Windows and AE plug-ins are able to run under Linux.

UI Improvements and Functionality - Color organization of Flow tools, plug-in LUT loaders, file browser enhancements and a hot key manager.

The Fusion 5.1 beta program of eyeon’s universal cross-platform application will be implemented directly following Siggraph, simultaneously on multiple Linux distributions and Windows. The latest version of Fusion 5.1 has also been thoroughly tested on Intel-based Macs.