Sign in to follow this  
jasfish

BUCK LA presentation

Yeah, Im surprised this is posted. It is great to hear them talking about the concept and production stages with their projects. This is some inspiring stuff. Ha, after watching the Buck pres, I immediately started watching GMUNK as well. Always wondered what that dude was like.

interesting to see how much work went into the G4 pitch- i wonder how much money they got to do it? i really doubt they got much (what, maybe $5K or something at MOST??), so that means they did a lot of what amounts to spec work in order to land the job... does that sound accurate?

edit- also cool to see that they were involved relatively far upstream, in that they handled the writing and general concept of the campaign, rather than just giving form to someone else's ideas. nice to see they have those abilities as well- the G4 spots are actually pretty funny, despite being really nerdy.

Edited by SermonOfMockery

You know, it was nice to see they have some issues with clients as well. The G4 logo that they had to use .. the Cingular spot that never aired because of focus groups .. stuff like that. Pretty cool to see the boards, style frames and thought process that goes into their work. But then I'm a huge fan of their work already :)

interesting to see how much work went into the G4 pitch- i wonder how much money they got to do it? i really doubt they got much (what, maybe $5K or something at MOST??), so that means they did a lot of what amounts to spec work in order to land the job... does that sound accurate?

That job had to have paid more than $5k. It's network money, you know. I'd add a zero after that 5.

This was a very cool presentation and I liked seeing what went into their pitches and animatics. The dorkomatic was a nice touch!

i'm not talking about the job in general, i'm talking about the pitch. in my experience, they might pay you $5K or something to come up with some concepts (although not always). if you get the job, then you get paid the big bucks, of course. i'm sure they got paid 6 figures for those spots as a whole, but i'm thinking they did a hell of a lot of work for those pitches.

Downloading the Buck video now...can't wait to watch it.

Could someone link me to the GMUNK presentation that was mentioned a couple of times? Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Thanks.

Downloading the Buck video now...can't wait to watch it.

Could someone link me to the GMUNK presentation that was mentioned a couple of times? Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Thanks.

http://www.fitc.ca/video/2006/

And lots of other good stuff here .. Geoff McFetridge, Colin Moock, Joshua Davis & Stefan Sagmeister and more.

I still haven't got through all of it.

Edited by jasfish