Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

AE 6 announced

Guest Kone

The thing that cracks me up is the new OGL support. I mean, was it all software before? OMG!

BTW, I thought you were a combustion user?

Guest firemind

I am indeed. But I've recently been getting into AE. Most companies still look for AE users, not C* unfortunately :(

I'm very curious if AE's OGL implementation will support all blending modes. In Combustion you are limited to 'normal' and 'add' in OGL mode, which is quite irritating at times.

Guest firemind

Moved this post to the right forum, had accidentally started this in the lounge.

Guest vinteg

I personally like AE. I know a lot of motion design companies out here that uses it. I used AE 5.5 Pro Bundle for a while and the new upgrade is a must have. If you use AE on a daily basis, you know what I mean.

Just to be able to add effects to illustrator art without precomping is a blessing and the ability to edit text imported from photoshop is even better!

Check out http://www.creativecow.net/index.php?forumid=1 for more information.

Guest memyselfandi

The thing that I appriciate the most about AE6 is the fact that it FINALLY got decent text tools. That is something that I always had to use PS for in the past, hopefully I won't have to anymore.

Guest firemind

It seems some of our mac friends already have their hands on it. If anyone cares to comment, please do. I have a feeling it'll take a while for the PC version to spread out.

Guest tim.bowman
The thing that cracks me up is the new OGL support. I mean, was it all software before? OMG!

So _that's_ why 3D always felt like the machine was choking!

OpenGL support, improved tracking and keying... I want my copy NOW!