Sign in to follow this  
Lo1

Diesel Denim Animations Fall/Winter 06

Hey guys,

i had the opportunity to do some animations for

the forthcomng Diesel Denim campaign ...

they will be used in all flagshipstores worldwide as video-installations

and also on diesel.com

challange has been to create an own universe out of 14 photos...

enjoy!

http://lo-iacono.com/video_player.php?id=diesel

(link added...)

so as always feedback welcome...

Edited by Lo1

looks great!

Only thing I have to say is that the logo resolve could of been stronger.

Instead of just fading to black, (which was all of sudden and a bit awkward) if

each square flip or each the images on the cube turned to black would of been

a stronger transition to the logo... just a thought!

nevertheless its a very well done!

I like that self-callout at the beginning. Es el Lo, or am I going crazy reading too much into things again? The idea is cool, the animation is strangely bouncy.

I was loving the first half with all the change of perspectives and the unique unfolding and blending of the different boxes. That really played into the whole Dimensions aspect without being literal. Then I just lost all interest when it became this "flying in a 3D environment" piece.

Production of the piece was great, too.

Guest spence

Yeah, I agree with headsquared, I started loseing intrest towards the end. The begining was great though, and I can't help but wonder what kind of cool things could be done like this but useing video instead of still images.

Yeah, I agree with headsquared, I started loseing intrest towards the end. The begining was great though, and I can't help but wonder what kind of cool things could be done like this but useing video instead of still images.

yes spence,

i agree with you, there would have been great opportunieties if i could have integrated video footage,...

but the situation was different, i was given 14 photos with the aim to generate a own cubiunivers,..

no storyboard no predefined storyline, so this was also great freedom which was given to me...

been said that i did it beside my regular work, and it has been one of my first experiences with a 3d progamm

I like that self-callout at the beginning. Es el Lo, or am I going crazy reading too much into things again? The idea is cool, the animation is strangely bouncy.

hey govinda,

i am sorry that i have to dissappoint you , it is pure coincidence,...

but listen to the music again as i also have been involved in the music-production

"keep it lo baby,..keep it slow baby...!"

Nice piece. But, I have to agree with above. Started losing interest towards the end. Seems to be slowing down compared to the first leg of the piece. It kinda reminds me of Core Animation from Apple. The itunes music album cover that make a 3D city. Cool effect, though!

los

I like the piece, and i can see a LOT of time and thought went into this... one thing that irks me though..

the camera movement is VERY jerky.. lots of over-extentions of movements, that just dont' seem right, they look like an error somewhat..

i watched this without sound btw.. so not sure if those jerks went with any music that might have been included...

I was loving the first half with all the change of perspectives and the unique unfolding and blending of the different boxes. That really played into the whole Dimensions aspect without being literal. Then I just lost all interest when it became this "flying in a 3D environment" piece.

Production of the piece was great, too.

I agree word-for-word.

-m