Sign in to follow this  
jetle25

NYC Health Insurance

So searching all the posts on Insurance I didn't find much on Freelancers Union or anything in NYC in particular. Is anyone in NY freelancing and buying their own health insurance? I'm considering going through a rep at my school considering I just graduated. I tried insure.com and got phone calls from insurance companies. Something I'm not big on considering its not really someone to help me choose the best insurance providers. SO if someone has some advice I'd love to hear it, or else I'll just ask more and more people.

I was surprised to find out through a banker friend that many banks offer health insurance to their customers. That allows you to jump onto their group plan with its possibly cheaper rate.

Cf

health isurance in NYC is pretty expensive. even with a group plan, expect to be paying $3-400/mo. i know some people that are part of the freelancer's union, and that will be on the lower end of the scale, but still pretty high compared to other parts of the country.

Yeah, health insurance down here in FL is pretty expensive too. When me and my fiance got married and if I add her to my current policy, it's $317 a month! Luckily, mine is free, but still and the first doctor I picked sucks, so I have to go through the process of changing...damn HMO's