Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

Premiere Pro

Guest Kone

Personally getting a bit sick of all the mac whiners "oh nooo Adobe is dropping the mac platform'. It's ONE app. Well, two if you count Encore. Ok three with Audition (Cool Edit Pro). Erm...

Anyway, it's pretty easy to see the competition with FCP is a no-win thing. With Combustion 3's mac version being undecided this might spell trouble for mac users in the long run. Sure they love their macs, but how much will they love it when there's only 1 choice for each thing you want to do? It's kinda headed in that direction now, the downside of being a monopoly I guess.

As for Premiere Pro, if they get that bloody thing stable it'll be more than enough for me, they can keep the realtime effects (only on a p4 3GHZ or higher heheheh) just make the damn thing less buggy!

Guest firemind

The sad thing is there's no big dominating app for desktop editing on the PC as there is on the mac. On the mac it's FCP or bust.

I tried 'em all, the Vegas Video interface was just too weird for me, I *hated* Avid DV Express (damn importing/converting of footage takes ages and ages!), Mainconcept Actor seemed to not be a production ready tool to me, Pinnacle Liquid Blue looked pretty, but just didn't make sense to me, etc, etc.

I keep coming back to Premiere, suck tho it be. So keepin' my fingers crossed for the Pro version.

Guest memyselfandi

Why call it Adobe Premiere Pro? There's no standard version. I have a feeling one reason is the fact that Avid Xpress Pro is about to be released, but there will still be non pro version of Xpress, so Avid have a reason. This really bugs me, as does the new Premiere interface.

Guest firemind

Well, yes, Adobe is obviously trying to get some kind of competition with Avid going now that the mac is a lost cause for them. It's not necessarily a bad thing, if it means them churning out a better app. Competition is a wonderful thing, lack of which has seen other Adobe apps becoming lethargic.

Can't say much about the software itself until I get my hands on it, I'm personally quite excited, being a premiere user (tho I must say my editing needs are quite limited). Maybe it'll mean some less ribbing from Avid DV Express users heheh (at least I don't have to wait 20 minutes when importing a file for it to transcode to it's own damn codec! :P