Sign in to follow this  
nybe

pink&drippysymetricalbloomingvegetation&machinery

I remember in the late 90's the trend in motion was light leaks and blurs coming through logos out of blackness. Seemed like everyone was printing out their designs on acetate and shooting it on DV in a dark room with crazy flashlight moves behind and what not.

but I digress...

In the last couple years there's been an incredible surge of amazing young talent and really original work in this field. With more people having access to cheaper software and hardware making it more possible to visualise and realise their ideas, I foresee even more unreal bursts of imagery in the very near future... and then of course, with each burst there is a lull where everyone appropriates (or is asked to by the client) their own version of it.

Just curious... what do YOU predict the upcoming trends are going to be in motion graphics design?

Edited by nybe

Black & white. High dynamic contrast. Photography of the early 90.

TN_DrakkarNoir89-2005.04.28-09.35.52.jpg

ps3-20gb-60gb.jpg

Be prepared for the return of the BLACK.

Edited by jan

Drakkar! :o I think I still have a bottle of that somewhere.

hahaha... remember when that was popular... the rumor was there use to be thermones in it to attract girls... but those were in the very first bottles.... they stopped doing it after a few thousand...because that's illegal.. that was basically the rumor i remember in 9th grade

Edited by FlipSwitch

i'd love to have a wood veneer playstation.

in fact i'd love wood veneer anything.

memory sticks?

http://www.oooms.nl/usb/

i predict that we go back to wearing grunge band t-shirts, baggy jeans big enough to fit around your high soled capped shoes with the piontless metal plate over the toes,sleevless turtle necks and frosted tips.

.. the 90's and it is coming back badder than ever.

Edited by scrotoscope