Sign in to follow this  
laughingcolors

what are your hours

Normal is supposed to be 10-7, but I would be lucky to do that more than twice per week.

A 50 hour week is pretty average, I probably do a 60 hour week once a month, and 80 hour week a 4-5 times a year and a 100 hour week once a year or so.

Good thing I make OT.

(staffies!)

Edited by seabass

Im FT, work 40 hrs a week unless there's OT, and then I get paid time+1/2. There are 3 designers here, and 2 shifts. 2 people work 9-5:30, and 1 works 2:30-11 and we rotate shifts every 2 weeks.

i know that 8 hour days are not very common, which is why i'm still here, despite the mind-numbing boring quality of the work here.

im freelance, and im in house at a place that i work 9-6. then i get home and work on other freelance shit from about 7 - 1 or 2.... so i think its about 14 a day.... and i do this 7 days a week.

98 hours a week.

so does anyone have time to excercise...? i feel like im getting fatter by sitting in front of after effects for hours on end.

i exercise in the morning before I go to work. It's better than a cup of coffee.

9-6 unless it's deadline time. Then whatever it takes to get it done.

ditto on that .. plus a little freelance at night when I get the opportunity.

curious what the differences are between people who work at a post-house as opposed to a design shop .. or a network.

I'm at a post-house btw.

i joined a gym thats open pretty late so when i can, i go down after work.. if not, make it up on the weekend.

i generally work from 10-finish.. each job varies but it seems like 9 hours is a good day and 14 hours is a bad day.

so does anyone have time to excercise...? i feel like im getting fatter by sitting in front of after effects for hours on end.

I'm pullin about 125 hours a week this month... haha.

ugh.

God, I hope that's not typical for you....that's heart attack hours right there.

There's no way in hell I'd work more than 60 hours a week for less than 100k (150k is it's city money)

Guest J.J. Johnstone

usually I get into my full time job sometime between 8 and 10am every morning and work until 4 to 6pm and then go home and try and get an hour or 2 of freelance work(usually small tasks like budgets and scheduling and planning) in everday during the week. THen I work usually about 5 to 10 hours a day on freelance work on the weekends depending on how much I got done during the week.

Half hour bike commute each way. Keeps the activity level up.

Oh, and it's about a 5-minute hike to the bathroom from my workstation.

Yeah, it's especially rough when all the post houses always have such well stocked kitchens with cookie jars, soda, and other junk foods. I usually bring my own snacks (granola bar, fruit, nuts, carrots).

Morning excercise is the best- when you get used to waking up an hour early to run, you won't miss that extra hour of sleep anymore. Six is the magic number of sleep hours. Any less, and I feel tired in the morning.

I'm Freelance, and work from 10 to 7:30 or so. That's pretty standard in NY, and most places are pretty flexible as long as the work is getting done.

Edited by raven52321

Yeah, it's especially rough when all the post houses always have such well stocked kitchens with cookie jars, soda, and other junk foods.

No frickin' kidding...what is that! I bike to work just to couter-balance that crap! We have candy jars that i just pray empty out and never fill up again...yet they are ALWAYS full!

i've got a treadmill downstairs that is guilt tripping me as i type.

right now i've settles into a schedule that seems to work for me.

up at noon

coffeeshop till 1 (or so)

work from 2pm to 7pm

dinner with the wife + relax till 9pm

work from 9pm to 4am

theres lots of time for other stuff in there as well, but i average about 50-60 billed hours per week. i dont do per-project bidding unless its just something that i would find a lot of fun.

No frickin' kidding...what is that! I bike to work just to couter-balance that crap! We have candy jars that i just pray empty out and never fill up again...yet they are ALWAYS full!

Ask them to get wasabi-covered soy beans. They are much better than sweets, and quite addictive.