Sign in to follow this  
kaze

FALL '06 SHOWREEL

Guest Sao_bento

please fallow?? follow you mean?

anyways it was alright, i didnt have my sound on but yeah, the end was very nice with the blue screen stuff.

Yeah, it's shocking, but english isn't the primary language in Paraguay.

I believe it was just an accidental typo. His english seems to be very good.

Not like North Americans not knowing the difference between "there" and "their" or how to spell don't.

If their is anything else that is wrong on the website please dont hesitate to use the contact form on the bar to the left to get in contact with me.

:P:lol::P

Edited by igorschmigor

hum.... SORRY!!! Sorry guys!

Yeah! As igorschmigor noticed, it WAS an accidental typo!!! :P

Anyway [despite my accidental mistake] I'm still waiting for comments 'bout our reel, PLEASE.

Thankyou all!!!

Not like North Americans not knowing the difference between "there" and "their" or how to spell don't.

I feel i'm good at this! Here, their, there, pair! ;)

Back to the reel, i think it's good work.

looks good, ur def on ur way

i really would like to see an intro, let us know who u are before we watch (i am aware that i have to nav thru ur site to see it, but it still feels a little incomplete without it)

Guest spence

we should all just be speaking esperanto... or maybe Orwel's newspeak.

Good reel, btw, but that south american style of personified objects with super happy faces gives me nightmares.

Good reel, btw, but that south american style of personified objects with super happy faces gives me nightmares.

Really? Well, in that case... don't you dare watch Pixar's "CARS" 'cuz that'll give you a big one! btw, though it's movie about "personified objects with super happy faces", it's PIXAR what we talking about here... and that's (oh, surprise!!!) NOT south american, it's the other way boy...

You forgot "they're".. my ex used to correct me on that stuff now I try and not make that mistake anymore haha

Guest spence

Really? Well, in that case... don't you dare watch Pixar's "CARS" 'cuz that'll give you a big one! btw, though it's movie about "personified objects with super happy faces", it's PIXAR what we talking about here... and that's (oh, surprise!!!) NOT south american, it's the other way boy...

I mean specifically the style of how its done in south america... Its like this quasi anime style of animation, except everything is rediculously happy... its creepy, in a manic kind of way. Plus personified food allways bothers me... YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE EATEN, WHY ARE THEY SO HAPPY!?

Edited by spence

I mean specifically the style of how its done in south america... Its like this quasi anime style of animation, except everything is rediculously happy... its creepy, in a manic kind of way. Plus personified food allways bothers me... YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE EATEN, WHY ARE THEY SO HAPPY!?

Yes, Spence... our characters tend to "look" extremely happy. Have you ever been in South America? If not, let me tell you... I can understand your POW, even when you'll NEVER understand ours. "Art imitates life" someone said once, and I'll add to this: "but it tends to go the other way around!". When life is good, wealthy... even careless; when life itself is almost too boring to live 'cuse every thing is just so... fine, that almost always reflects on your TV screen, and in every thing you do: Highly desaturated color palettes; characters' serious faces; etc, etc...

OUR life is anything but easy... It's hard to do this, is so hard to make a living with "computer animation" when you have to sell this or that, to a target audience that can barely afford to buy 1/2 Kilogram of corn powder a day, to make tortillas! Do you -honestly- think that this people would like to see "serious looking faces" on their TV? That's why you'll see so many comedy shows on TV, here in south america. Hey! al least give us the illusion of happiness!

So "ridiculous"; "creepy" and "manic" may NOT be our only way to do things, but it is what better fits in here... sorry if that bothers you, though you're not part of the above mentioned target audience (lucky you!)

Finally, I don't know if I made my self clear, but I think you got the point. What I don't think nor expect from you is a clear; conscious understanding; open mind to see things from another's perspective and therefore a little respect. You certainly have ours, anyway...

BTW: It is not food, it's an "extremely happy" steel wood pack.

PS: Guys! please!!! c'mon... I think he really meant RIDICULOUSLY, not rediculously; and ALWAYS, not allways... please, don't you be so hard on him! IMHO, we should "interpolate" minor accidental typos like these, let'em pass by so we can better understand each other without making "non-english speakers" feel so bad for not having a PERFECT use of 2 or 3 languages. That's it!

PS: Guys! please!!! c'mon... I think he really meant RIDICULOUSLY, not rediculously; and ALWAYS, not allways... please, don't you be so hard on him! IMHO, we should "interpolate" minor accidental typos like these, let'em pass by so we can better understand each other without making "non-english speakers" feel so bad for not having a PERFECT use of 2 or 3 languages. That's it!

Como yo cuando escribo en Castellano. Escribo como mierda pero me entienden, y NUNCA me castiguen.

It's pounded into our heads, as Americans, to point out all the flaws in other people. That may sound like a rip at my fellow countrymen but it's not. Honestly it's how we're brought up. I think it takes getting used to another culture to see it sometimes. Once you do see it, though, you see it everywhere...

Guest Sao_bento

Como yo cuando escribo en Castellano. Escribo como mierda pero me entienden, y NUNCA me castiguen.

It's pounded into our heads, as Americans, to point out all the flaws in other people. That may sound like a rip at my fellow countrymen but it's not. Honestly it's how we're brought up. I think it takes getting used to another culture to see it sometimes. Once you do see it, though, you see it everywhere...

America is based on feeling good about yourself by putting other people down (or possibly invading their country and killing them).

America is based on feeling good about yourself by putting other people down (or possibly invading their country and killing them).

No no... It's not about putting others down. We're merely correcting them. They hate freedom, don't forget. Oh and their mothers dress them funny, too.

great post mizu- which brings to mind the bizarre tendancy of priveleged americans to manufacture misery for themselves. for example, all the 19 year olds i go to school with that listen to elliot smith or whatever because they WANT to be sad... rich white people sure love to feel sorry for themselves- i've certainly been guilty of it. it's always good to be reminded that although by american standards i've never been anything but poor, i've never had anythign to complain about.

/liberal claptrap

"What I don't think nor expect from you is a clear; conscious understanding; open mind to see things from another's perspective and therefore a little respect. You certainly have ours, anyway..."

Mizu, props!

I agree there should be more of an intro. Your reel is the bomb, so stamp your self on the cover.

I really like that one piece about a 1/3 way in with the orange text and stuff growin up the bedroom walls.

Guest spence

My origional post wasn't intended as an insult or a critisism of south american culture, but a joke, a sarcastic comment based off of a north american perspective.

Did I not compliment him on the reel?

So let me explain. I have been to south america, I've known many people from there, and I've actually had conversations on that style of animation with some of those people. Now, if you're so understanding of my point of view, maybe you should stop and think for a second why it's creepy to a north american.

Go watch movies like the stepford wives, children of the corn, chucky, or It. They take innocent happy-go-lucky icons (clowns, children, toys, suburban house wives) and transforms them from manic happyness into a creepy and scary manic insanity. The animation style I mention reminds me of those films (specifically the open mouthed grin of so many of the characters). Theres been a conection made with the very happy and the scary by pop culture in north america. Why else would so many people be creeped out by clowns?

I think you need to start respecting other people's points of views just as much as any one else around here.

Edited by spence

My origional post wasn't intended as an insult or a critisism of south american culture, but a joke, a sarcastic comment based off of a north american perspective.

I think you need to start respecting other people's points of views just as much as any one else around here.

Well, well, well... Spence: Sarcasm isn't the most respectful way of making one's point clear. I think that's the only and real problem here. Now this thread has overgrown and right now is twisted and it isn't constructive anymore... for anyone. You got your point (which I don't know/believe it represents "constructive criticism") and I got mine (thoroughly thought out before I've made it public).

I apologize if I (really unintentionally) offended anyone with my previous post. It was intended to make you understand why somethings are not always the way you expected to be. No, no, no... no disrespect there! It's a shame you joked (?) and used that [unnecessary] sarcasm to comment on something too serious for us, but don't worry... rest assured that I completely understand you, and therefore respect your point of view... as long as you let it out in a serious way. Ok! I love jokes but when someone use words like "creeping"; "rediculous" and "manic" referring to something I did with so much effort and against so many odds... well I think I'm not sharing the joke but actually BEING TAKEN as joke, instead. I just wish you made your point clear the way you did with your last post. It'd be less waste of time for everybody.

OK. I'll try to start respecting other's people's point of views, even when they're dressed like sarcastic jokes, which I assume, doesn't make them less serious (?). Once again... I apologize.

I guess we all learned a lot here, specially me.

This is so truth. I am like the way you thinking me amerrican friend.

:H

Hmm... US-americans are not that bad, are they?

By the way, how come that when we mean USA we often say America? America actually includes South America and Canada, but often we use the word as if it was just the USA. Every now and then I become aware of this and it bothers me. Anyone else ever wondered about it?