Sign in to follow this  
Guest Disciple

A new forum for After Effects Scripts/Expressions/AnimationP

Guest Disciple

This is to announce a new site I've launched, with much help from Paul Tuersley : AE enhancers.

http://www.aenhancers.com

The purpose is to create a place to share three things : Expressions, Scripts and Animation Presets.

For those of you who have already upgraded to 6.5, you will notice that scripting has taken a giant leap, and that Effects Presets have been replaced by the much more powerful Animation Presets.

What is so cool about these things is that all of a sudden AE users can share extremely powerful tools to enhance their workflow. Scripts, expressions and presets become self-contained pieces of power that are easy to collect and send out to other people.

The purpose of this site is to have a place where all these things can be easily accessed. A sort of database.

I have constructed the site as a forum, which this also allows interactivity with other users. But it is very important for me that the interactivity and the "library" aspect of the site remain two separate things. In other words, I don't want this site to become a place for OT, for general discussion, for things that are not directly related to the point.

It is built, for expressions and scripting, in three categories : library (for posting scripts), tutorials (for, well, you know what), discussion (where all the questions, general considerations etc.. should be posted). Anybody is free at this stage to post to any of the categories. Obviously if you are sharing a script or an expression, it is important to make sure it works, and it is highly recommended to comment your code so other people can also learn from your work.

This brings me to the last point : to make this work for everybody, we need new content, new scripts, new expressions (as long as they work properly of course...). If you have an expression you use regularly for certain tasks, or a preset you've created that comes in handy in various situations, send it up there. The idea is exchange. I am clearly not trying to compete with the AdobeExchange, I think we have different content and different ways of delivering it. My idea is to make the site focused, fast, enriching for everybody, and a place to find tools that will make you work faster and better.

So, check it out, register, and start checking out the stuff that is up there. There are some technical instructions in each section on how to send and download the goods.

There are some ready-to-use scripts that are pretty amazing, so go ahead and try them out. Feedback for the stuff you've downloaded in the discussions section would be very nice, and don't hesitate to contact me if you run into any problem.

Alex

Guest jez

fuck yeah!

your site is totally useful. I just started using 6.5, and all this info on scripting is going to be amazing for big jobs especially.

Guest bubba

Now we can throw away the tools that

made computer art intuitive and work by

math formula again.

Yipeeeeeee!

Power to boneheaded geeks!

Guest paccollective
Now we can throw away the tools that

made computer art intuitive and work by

math formula again.

Yipeeeeeee!

Power to boneheaded geeks!

or as wing says, we could all just buy zax and be EXACTLY the same.

excellent.

Guest NYX

oh goodness...........

I think your site just gave me a boner.........

then it shrank to nothing as i realized how i should have known about it years ago.........