Sign in to follow this  
T02

new diet coke commercial

Hey fellas.

From time to time, i get to work on some motion graphics also, and it happens to be more commercial work than anything else. Which is sometimes bad (i guess), and sometimes good (especially money wise, heh).

So, to keep things short, here's the 13 meg quicktime (the music is not the one it's gonna be aired with, but i prefer this track).

Cheers.

that looks great.

i had so much trouble getting a nice looking unrolling carpet in the past, you nailed it, especially with that starstepping midway through. all the elements are bad ass.

Hey thanks fellas!

I wasnt really expecting all this nice feedback, to be honest. I had only 2 weeks to finish all this (it's the work of 2 people, actually - me and a good, talented friend) - and i feel like it could have been better.

But anyaway! :) - i remember the carpet issue being brought up in a thread here, and i was like "omg, let's do a carpet, see if we can pull it of!" - so it's just a poly box with a simple cilinder attached in the same mesh, to which i applied a path deform, and a wave, for the motion detail. In max, that is. 100% trickery, because it's moving very fast, and the camera is (almost) full frontal.

yeah hella trickery needed. i used a series of bend and shear deformers in c4d but they're rather limited- i had to cover up the crimp that occurs at the border of a bend deformer cage... next time path deform or spline wrap for sure.

This is my weak carpet

Edited by mete_shop

Path deform is the way to go, especially if you're not seeing the carpet actually *unroll*.

Anyway, your carpet seems pretty much it right now, as movement.

yeah hella trickery needed. i used a series of bend and shear deformers in c4d but they're rather limited- i had to cover up the crimp that occurs at the border of a bend deformer cage... next time path deform or spline wrap for sure.

This is my weak carpet

Looks like there are some faces missing on the inside, back side of the roll.