• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlueCrab

BlueCrab

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hi all,

I am just starting out with motion graphics and am seeking a little guidance so that I work and learn smarter and not just harder. I have a couple years as an in house graphic designer and went to school for 3d character animation, and so I have a little foundation on things like keyframing and 3d.

I would like to do things such as title sequences, promotional videos, commercials, explainer/infographic videos etc.

Where should I start? I don’t want to do too many tutorials and get stuck in that pattern, and I also don’t want to learn stuff that isn’t very applicable to what I want to do (or would be more beneficial to learn later). However when attempting my own projects, I almost feel like I am learning bad habits, doing time consuming things to work around an easy answer that I just don’t know of, and missing out on cool techniques.

In your opinions what are the best things to get a decent foundation on before jumping in on your own stuff. And when you do jump into your own stuff, what kind of projects are good to get your feet wet?

Thanks!

#2 BlueCrab

BlueCrab

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

My apologies for being stupid and not reading the pinned post first! Mods please feel free to delete this thread.

Edited by BlueCrab, 20 June 2016 - 04:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users