Photo

Windows ProRes, anybody try this new software?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Davor

Davor

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

Just saw this, anybody have any experience with this bit of software? Would be nice to be able to directly render from AE to Prores, no trial and not sure if I want to fork over the cash to just try it out.

https://windowsprores.com

#2 hello.ahay

hello.ahay

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

There was a similarly priced solution floating around a while ago. It was unreliable and there was a distinct lack of support as far as I remember. I just use DNXHD mxf files as a go between for PC/Mac now. At $179 it's probably more cost effective to buy a second hand mac specifically for Pro Res conversions.

#3 jcrash

jcrash

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

There's a pretty good review of that here: http://www.provideoc...st-impressions/

It seems like it's a lot closer to a true Pro-Res than the Miraizon one. Less blocky, although it still may be in beta. I'm using an old Miraizon one for now, but will probably switch once this new one gets a bit more stable.

#4 Basic

Basic

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

There was a similarly priced solution floating around a while ago. It was unreliable and there was a distinct lack of support as far as I remember. I just use DNXHD mxf files as a go between for PC/Mac now. At $179 it's probably more cost effective to buy a second hand mac specifically for Pro Res conversions.

Yeah you would always just buy an old Mac Mini would could even double up as a file server... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users