6 replies to this topic

#1 Marc Z

Marc Z

Founder

• Admin
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

http://blogs.adobe.c...r-new-role.html

I've known Victoria (indirectly on Twitter and the Motion Design Slack) to be a passionate AE user, with a deep knowledge of the inner workings of our favorite quirky animation app. I'm curious how much of her documentary and coding background will shine through in the next few years! Regardless AE is in good hands.

That said we'll miss Todd Kopriva, who has been here on mograph for almost as long as we have existed. First as the AE documentation guru, then Product Manager. We wish him well and thank him for helping steer AE in the 21st century with all the recent core updates!

AE as a product is facing steep competition from Fusion and Nuke in the compositing space, Boris, Resolve and Smoke in editing/finishing and Anime Studio and Toonboom in the character/explainer realm. It's the Photoshop of video, trying to be many different things to many different users. I'm hoping our small scrappy AE team can hang in there and convince users -and Adobe itself- that AE has a long bright future ahead. I'm rooting for you guys!  

Formerly known as Firemind | twitter.com/motion_designer

#2 oeuf

oeuf

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Has Todd said anything else besides he's "leaving software development"? I wonder what he's moving on to.

Congrats Victoria!

#3 Todd Kopriva

Todd Kopriva

Adobe Mastermind

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:43 AM

I'm likely to do some freelance technical editing, writing, and translation work to pay the bills as I ramp up some much crazier endeavors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Aaron Scott

Aaron Scott

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

Best of luck, Todd. You've been such a cornerstone for so long -- it's the end of an era. It's sad that I'll have to find someone new at Adobe to nag when I'm having trouble :)

#5 Todd Kopriva

Todd Kopriva

Adobe Mastermind

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:40 AM

It's sad that I'll have to find someone new at Adobe to nag when I'm having trouble :)

Nah. You won't have to find anyone new, since Victoria will fill that role handily. 

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

#6 silatix

silatix

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,522 posts
  • Interests:mographary

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

Change?! I hate change! Good luck Todd!

it's like theres a party in my mouth, and everyone's vomiting

#7 microdot

microdot

MoGraph Demi-god