#421 vozzz

vozzz

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:In Budapest Hungary

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

damn, sounds epic man.

just make sure there is a vibrate and move null. They seem to be the ones i use most. :D

-Aleksey

------------------

Ace5 studios
http://ace5studios.com <-portfolio

http://ace5education.com <-tutorials/blog/facebook page

http://plus.google.c...lekseyVoz/posts <- google+ page

#422 c1p0

c1p0

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:There's a node for that.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Well, they are true plug-ins as opposed to scripts. I didn't remake everything from CSTools as I'm not trying to tread the same ground too much. I took some parts and made them far better but the rest is all new. And now in code instead of Xpresso so there is far more power and they run extremely efficiently.

Awesome. I ran into many problems with xpresso as well. Python is far more powerful. I know it will never happen, but the node-based system with python would be great. (i really like to see what's happening visually) One question: Do you know anything about subframes? And how to utilize it? I tried for a few times now, no luck yet. Thanks!

#423 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

One question: Do you know anything about subframes? And how to utilize it? I tried for a few times now, no luck yet. Thanks!

Subframes?
chris smith :: some of my work

#424 vfxashish

vfxashish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Motion Graphics

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

ok so what is it ? are CS Tools working in R13 or not
I am a newbee and could find where should i put CS tools in R13...can someone help??
Thanks

#425 vfxashish

vfxashish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Motion Graphics

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

And yeah thanks a lot Chris for all these awesome CS Tools & your generosity is highly appreciated........u rock\m/

#426 vozzz

vozzz

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:In Budapest Hungary

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

just open the files, n use em in your projects if they work :D

-Aleksey

------------------

Ace5 studios
http://ace5studios.com <-portfolio

http://ace5education.com <-tutorials/blog/facebook page

http://plus.google.c...lekseyVoz/posts <- google+ page

#427 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

ok so what is it ? are CS Tools working in R13 or not I am a newbee and could find where should i put CS tools in R13...can someone help?? Thanks

CSTools don't officially work in r13. Maxon changed the SplineData in 13 which broke a lot of the tools which use SplineData for animation and eases. So it may have wonky results at times. But , yeah they are just like any other scene: merge them into the scene you're currently working on and that's it. If it acts broken, it probably is :(

#428 mAssimo___

mAssimo___

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hi Chris, I've been trying to track the release of CSTools 2012 but I can't find any info anywhere. I'm sorry if this was already discussed, can you give us an update?

#429 Guest_Sao_Bento_*

Guest_Sao_Bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Chris has mentioned previously that the new version will be done in collaboration with Greyscale Gorilla. if it is handled like every other thing Greyscale Gorilla does, there's not much chance that you will miss it.

#430 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

The current status is there is no status really. I have to work on them in between my real job and suffice to say my real job has kept me slammed all summer. At this point it will be a personal victory if I get it out before the holidays. Nick has even asked me a cuppla times about them. They will definitely come out, but when, I'm not sure. I appreciate the interest. When they do come out, I'm sure Nick and the gang will definitely let the world know for sure.

If I wasn't doing AutoCam, I could get all my ancillery tools out significantly quicker, But I am resolute to finish the hardest thing I've ever attempted first then go back and pick up the other stuff and right now Autocam is my heart of darkness. It has a complete internal keyframing solution with a whole menu of very complex algorhythms that it interpolates between. To say it's complex is an understatement. I'm taking on the challenge of having it create camera movements as if a human did them perfectly with very little user interaction. It's a doozy.

Sorry for any delays, but I'm also not going to release it until it meets the expectations I have in my mind grapes for it.

#431 mAssimo___

mAssimo___

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Thanks so much for the update Chris. AutoCam looks like a work of art and it's the main reason I'm dreaming about getting to use the new CSTools. Animating a camera in Cinema with the ethernal bumps and overshoots is a PITA, and no matter how hard I try and refine the movements, I'm never happy with the results. The way curves and keyframing work in Cinema makes almost no sense to me, and I've been using it professionally since version 8. I'm pretty sure that if anybody is going to make it work as it should, it's you Chris. Looking forward to it. Thanks for your hard work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users