• 45 posts
  • Interests:3D Models, Saber Fencing, Royal Navy

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

:( booo hooo I'm stuck in r8.0

#42 Guest_Sao_bento_*

Guest_Sao_bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:34 AM

Any chance of a UB version soon? They don't show up in R10.

Thanks.

#43 basilisk

basilisk

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:41 AM

I think they are just xpresso, so will work fine with UB (I am using them with my UB version of 9.6)
Might be some other reason they don't work with v10

Chris (if you are reading) - finding CS 3D stroke a life saver in a job I am working on. If it ever gets finished I will show you the result.
Did you ever get anywhere with your multiposition camera animation tool?

#44 mikeh64

mikeh64

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

they are just pre-setup C4D files - no plugins, C4D versions or certain OSs required.

they all open fine in C4D R10 on a Mac. Just open the file like any other file, no installing of anything.

#45 C.Smith

C.Smith

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Members
  • 2,936 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hey Guys. They are working fine in R10 for me (haven't tried on a PC yet) so I haven't bothered modifying them at all. However in R10, I've had a bit of a stall working on Xpresso stuff because I'm getting unpredictable UI results. For example the UI slider's won't shift order. Also the 'seperator' type won't show up as a seperator. Strange. Been working on a procederal walk cycle generator for the last couple of months.

basilisk:

Kick arse! Glad to hear it. Good to know some people are using them. I would love to see your results with it. Let me know if there is something I can add to it to make it better.

Did you ever get anywhere with your multiposition camera animation tool?

Decided to bail on it. If it was a doable mod to Easycam , I would have done it. But realizing I would need to learn COFFEE, I realized it would be a long road only to end up with basically what the "Steady Cam Pro" plug already does.

My plugs were meant to take things I do all the time repeatedly and make them encapsulated into a artistic simplified way so that when I am doing real work on a time crunch, I'm thinking artistically and not getting caught up with rebuilding things. Doing that Camera tool left that world and into a developer world which I don't want to deal with. ;)
chris smith :: some of my work

#46 basilisk

basilisk

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

basilisk:
Kick arse! Glad to hear it. Good to know some people are using them. I would love to see your results with it. Let me know if there is something I can add to it to make it better.

Sure will, client still has to approve the approach. I will let you know if I come up with any suggestions.

Decided to bail on it. If it was a doable mod to Easycam , I would have done it. But realizing I would need to learn COFFEE, I realized it would be a long road only to end up with basically what the "Steady Cam Pro" plug already does.

My plugs were meant to take things I do all the time repeatedly and make them encapsulated into a artistic simplified way so that when I am doing real work on a time crunch, I'm thinking artistically and not getting caught up with rebuilding things. Doing that Camera tool left that world and into a developer world which I don't want to deal with. ;)

completely understand. In my web/flash design days, most the calls I got were for Actionscript coding and creativity took a nosedive.
It seems perfectly possible to blend between camera/target positions using Posemixer. Not sure how useful that is in an actual project, but I might give it a go.

Edited by basilisk, 08 January 2007 - 04:01 PM.

#47 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

It seems perfectly possible to blend between camera/target positions using Posemixer. Not sure how useful that is in an actual project, but I might give it a go.

I forgot about that. I've read several places that people have been doing that. I'll need to check it out.

#48 Guest_Sao_bento_*

Guest_Sao_bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

they are just pre-setup C4D files - no plugins, C4D versions or certain OSs required.

they all open fine in C4D R10 on a Mac. Just open the file like any other file, no installing of anything.

Yeah, they just don't appear in the object menu anymore. That was kind of handy, but no big deal.

#49 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

You just need to move them from your old R9 object menu to the R10 one and they should show up then. You could also add them to your content browser although I've never tried it myself.

The path for the object menu should be

app/library/object

#50 basilisk

basilisk

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

I forgot about that. I've read several places that people have been doing that. I'll need to check it out.

The big question is whether the camera animation can be exported to AE - not much use if it can't.
Has anyone tried it?

#51 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

The big question is whether the camera animation can be exported to AE - not much use if it can't.
Has anyone tried it?

You can bake any animation. You need to anyways for the AE export to work me thinks. Get the cam going how you want, then in the timeline, there is a bake object function (or something like that, not in front of C4D right now).

It should then take the cam's path and make keys for it.

#52 Guest_Sao_bento_*

Guest_Sao_bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

You just need to move them from your old R9 object menu to the R10 one and they should show up then. You could also add them to your content browser although I've never tried it myself.

The path for the object menu should be

app/library/object

That's what I tried, but they don't show up.

#53 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

That's what I tried, but they don't show up.

I just tried it with R10 and they showed up. Here is my dir path:

http://sugarfilmprod.../objectpath.png

#54 Guest_Sao_bento_*

Guest_Sao_bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

I just tried it with R10 and they showed up. Here is my dir path:

http://sugarfilmprod.../objectpath.png

Duh, I had one folder too many.

#55 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

lol, I've done the same thing in reverse where I put real coded plug-ins in the plug ins folder but take them OUT of the host folder and then they don't work.

#56 the_Monkey

the_Monkey

simian

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:47 AM

Boo! I wanted it to be a much more dramatic problem (perhaps terror).
You let us down Sao. :(

-m

#57 Guest_Sao_bento_*

Guest_Sao_bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:21 AM

Boo! I wanted it to be a much more dramatic problem (perhaps terror).
You let us down Sao. :(

-m

I'm just in too big a hurry these days. Switching over to Intel Macs makes me assume that nothing is going to work right. Combine that with R10, that breaks a lot of previous plugs, and then I end up jumping to conclusions and assuming everything is either a version problem or a UB problem.

#58 biggieboy

biggieboy

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

Awesome tools. It's a shame there won't be a multicam version of Easycam. I hate animating cameras in C4D, it always ends up looking like I'm dangling the camera from an elastic band. Cams bouncing all over the place.

Can anyone who's used the Steadycam plugin tell me what you thought of it? I don't really understand what their site means by "4 Target" and "8 way camera morphing". Does that mean it's limited to 8 cam moves the way Easycam is limited to 1? What if I need to make 9 camera moves? :lol:

#59 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

Awesome tools. It's a shame there won't be a multicam version of Easycam. I hate animating cameras in C4D, it always ends up looking like I'm dangling the camera from an elastic band. Cams bouncing all over the place.

Can anyone who's used the Steadycam plugin tell me what you thought of it? I don't really understand what their site means by "4 Target" and "8 way camera morphing". Does that mean it's limited to 8 cam moves the way Easycam is limited to 1? What if I need to make 9 camera moves? :lol:

Yeah my system has one move (point to point). Steadycam had a demo movie on it's site. If I remeber correctly you set a bunch of waypoints and the cam animated between them.

#60 tcastudios

tcastudios

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

Hi. SteadyCAMPRO is a small collection of expressions where SteadyGLIDE is the one morphing between 8 cameras and/or objects(In combination
if you want).
And it actually -does- 9 "moves" since the last position (position 9) is the same as the first :)
But, you can have as many moves as you want , it is only the matter of nesting several SteadyGLIDEs.

Have a look at the tuts/previews and you'll get the idea and there is a demo running in CinemaR10 Demo to try things out as well.
Also, the former version (SteadyCAMPROv2) is a free edition called SteadyCAM_FE found at my site.
The idea is the same as SteadyCAMPROv3 but v3 has a much more improved workflow as well as additional expression.(Target and Banking)

Please let me know if you have any q's.

www.tcastudios.com

Cheers
Lennart Whlin - tcastudios
R14+ | OSX | xfiles Cinema4D Tools

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users