• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#121 the_Monkey

the_Monkey

simian

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:40 AM

[...patiently awaiting CS_DoMyDishes, CS_ManifestCoffee, and CS_DoubleMyDayRateFilter...]

#122 C.Smith

C.Smith

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Members
  • 2,936 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:45 AM

[...patiently awaiting CS_DoMyDishes, CS_ManifestCoffee, and CS_DoubleMyDayRateFilter...]

Me 3 :unsure:
chris smith :: some of my work

#123 Guest_dumbo_*

Guest_dumbo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:38 AM

legend. good work chris!

#124 johnny on the spot

johnny on the spot

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Wow, very cool! It's getting very hard keeping track with your updates :-)
I didn't use the Flux for the last job I worked on (like posted earlier) but this line growing thing might be very useful for the next one in the pipeline. Anyways, if I use something I'll post my work.

#125 carbaldi

carbaldi

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:40 PM

As ever, nice updates! Excellent work, man. Thanx a billion and keep 'em coming! :)

C

#126 biggieboy

biggieboy

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

Wow, very cool! It's getting very hard keeping track with your updates :-)

Yeah it really is, I didn't even bother looking at this thread since the last update because I thought there was no way you updated again already haha. Thanks again Chris, I'm throwing another +1,000,000 karma points your way, which of course means nothing.

#127 zook

zook

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus of thanks - way beyond the call of duty.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

#128 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

way beyond the call of duty.

Thanks, man. But it's all good. Really doing these tools is a fun spare time project for the weekends. It replaces my old fascination with making stupid programs on the C64 or RealBasic stuff. Plus it helps me bang out animatics way quicker with them :)

#129 a2visual

a2visual

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Thanks again Chris, these are great tools. Real timesavers, plus they're fun to "dork around with".

Edited by a2visual, 24 July 2007 - 07:47 PM.

#130 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

NEW TOOL: CS_MoCam

Here is the latest CSTool. It is an 8 point motion graphics camera system. Used for those projects where the camera jumps from point to point in space and stalls at each location:

Here is the entry in the instructions for CS_MoCam. Download link in my sig

---

18. CS_MoCam:

What for: The common need in MoGraph where there is one continuous camera move that pops between angles and stays at each stop one for a while.

Directions:

First Things: After adding Mocam, twirl down the main null and you'll see a group of 8 "Waypoint" cameras. Each of these are for moving in 3D space where you want the start (Waypoint1) and the next 7 stops to be. In the C4D camera list you'll see the 8 Waypoints and the render cam ("MoCam"). The Waypoints can be moved out of the Main null hierarchy if you wish. In fact you can do whatever you want with them. For example, place one under a CS_Vibrate null and that particular stop will vibrate just like the Waypoint cam itself. Maybe attach one of the Waypoints to a CS_Movenull set to rotate around a graphic. When the MoCam gets to that waypoint it will take on the rotations of that waypoint before it moves on.

Use the "Target Distance": A very important part of the camera morphing between Waypoints is utilizing the camera's built in "Target Distance" as an orbiting fulcrum. The "Target Distance" is found in the "Depth" section of each Waypoint. It can be most easily grabbed in the viewpoint as the centered Orange dot sticking out of each camera. As the MoCam morphs between waypoints, it uses the distance of the "Target Distance" to rotate around to create curved flight paths. So as the MoCam transitions from one Waypoint to another , if you aren't liking how it "looks-at" on it's travels, change the "Target Distance" parameters on each Waypoint to change how it travels. A good rule of thumb is to set the Target Distance so it is touching the subject you want to focus on (like if you were setting it for DOF focus).

Mad Props: I want to send a couple of shout outs for this. First is Basilisk for talking me into making this and helping with ideas. And second a huge thanks to Lennart(TCA Studios) for not only helping me with a Rotation problem but also being cool that this cam system is very close in concept to his "SteadyGlide" where I got the idea for using the "Target Distance" as the orbiting point. If you want the fully krunkest Camera system, get his "SteadyCam Pro" package.

Sliders:

Global:
Waypoints Visibilty (checkbox): This globally turns on/off the visibility of the 8 Waypoint cams

Per Waypoint:

FrameStart: This is only on Waypoint1. Set this to delay when the animation begins.

Hold Frames: This is on Waypoint 2 onwards. At each stop this can be set positive so that the cam stalls at each waypoint for a while. But this can also be set in negative values for the MoCam to never really settle in. It will become a soft move passing by the waypoint the way a spline softly moves between B-Spline points. It's easier to just do than to explain.

Duration(sec): Set in seconds. Length of time of each cam move. All the Waypoints shift in time per each of the other's setting. So if you change the duration or hold frames of anyone of them the others shift in relation.

EaseOut: zero is linear. 100% is extremely eased. This is the curve leaving the current waypoint.

EaseIn: This is the ease of the camera arriving at the next waypoint.

Focal Length: Each Waypoint has it's own Focal length set here.

Active(Check box): The first 2 cams are always active but from Waypoint 3 on, this makes them part of the whole move. If you want less than 7 moves between 8 points then shut of the Waypoints you don't need. The Active switch also effects the visibility of it's respective Waypoint. If it's not being used, it won't be visible.

Match Prev Waypoint(Check box): This is the same as the "Lock E to S" in CS_EasyCam. It's mostly used so that when you want to move to setting the next waypoint it's easier to do it where you just dropped the last waypoint rather than from zero. When this checkbox is on, the current cam has the same rot and pos as it's previous waypoint (although does not share focal length or target distance

Target Distance: This is not in the UI, this is in each Waypoint cam itself. Drag the Target Distance widget in the viewport or set it in the "Depth" tab of each Waypoint cam. This is used for camera rotations as the MoCam travels from point to point.

Edited by C.Smith, 08 August 2007 - 01:21 PM.

#131 Guest_dumbo_*

Guest_dumbo_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

nice work once again chris. keep it up!

edit: just had a play. that's so freaking easy to use, and perfect for 90% of the camera moves i regularly use (move, pause, move, pause etc) . bloody legend!

Edited by dumbo, 07 August 2007 - 09:50 PM.

#132 basilisk

basilisk

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Mad Props: I want to send a couple of shout outs for this. First is Basilisk for talking me into making this and helping with ideas.

No probs mate. Probably the best reason so far for me to sink 500 quid on the v10 upgrade...

#133 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

nice work once again chris. keep it up!

edit: just had a play. that's so freaking easy to use, and perfect for 90% of the camera moves i regularly use (move, pause, move, pause etc) . bloody legend!

Awesome. Glad you dig it. I suggest also puting some of the way points under some of the other CS motion tools. It makes it interesting when it gets to a stop and aquires the motion temporarily.

#134 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

sink 500 quid

mmm delicious. I could eat 500 quid right now lightly breaded with some marinara. :mellow:

#135 basilisk

basilisk

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

mmm delicious. I could eat 500 quid right now lightly breaded with some marinara. :mellow:

You misunderstand me - I mean spondoolicks, wonga, oof, queenie papers...

#136 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

You misunderstand me - I mean spondoolicks, wonga, oof, queenie papers...

Yeah, I know. It just sounded like calimari when I was hungry. Too bad our ends, bucks, greenbacks,and ducks are weak against your queenie papers.

#137 basilisk

basilisk

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

queenie papers beat dead presidents any day.

#138 nextexit

nextexit

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Swedish Stuff

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

Mr Smith....once again you out do yourself.........thank you from the bottom of my little new zealand heart!
[*_*]

#139 directrix

directrix

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

:) :) :)

loving these, thanks

#140 shinjin

shinjin

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:46 AM

Dang, how nice of you is that. Thanks a lot Mr Smith!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users