• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xdozex

xdozex

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

Im sure a lot of you already know about this site, and I dont know if a link to here has already been posted, I dont have time to really search for it. I figured it couldnt hurt throwing it up there.

Check it out.

http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/

registration is free, and the materials are great quality!

Edited by xdozex, 09 January 2007 - 03:45 PM.

#2 mankeroo

mankeroo

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

do these require Maxwell renderer or will it work w/ regular C4D?

#3 xdozex

xdozex

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

do these require Maxwell renderer or will it work w/ regular C4D?

These materials don't require maxwell renderer. These are just general materials...

I have not yet got the chance to actually play with anything and apply them, but from the preview they look great, Im gonna mess around with a few in a little bit.

#4 igorschmigor

igorschmigor

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

Funny how the preview thumbs resemble those of http://www.vray-materials.de/

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 mankeroo

mankeroo

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

These materials don't require maxwell renderer. These are just general materials...

actually i just tried a few, and they are .mxm files... looks like it requires maxwell :/

#6 xdozex

xdozex

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

actually i just tried a few, and they are .mxm files... looks like it requires maxwell :/

If thats the case, then I apologize.

Sorry to waste everyones time, I guess this works for people that have maxwell renderer.

#7 xdozex

xdozex

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

I was just messing around with the demo for maxwell renderer, and I cant even get to the point to apply materials, that thing makes no damn sense. I need to export an object from C4D to import it into maxwell. And Im a complete noob with C4D, I cant figure out how to export the object, I can make scene files for other 3D packages, but I cant get to just export the model, and even then I used one of maxwells tutorials that included a model of a chess piece, and I cant figure out the interface. I tried to pan around the chess piece to no prevail. All I have figured out how to do is rotate, move and scale the object.

#8 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

I was just messing around with the demo for maxwell renderer, and I cant even get to the point to apply materials, that thing makes no damn sense. I need to export an object from C4D to import it into maxwell. And Im a complete noob with C4D, I cant figure out how to export the object, I can make scene files for other 3D packages, but I cant get to just export the model, and even then I used one of maxwells tutorials that included a model of a chess piece, and I cant figure out the interface. I tried to pan around the chess piece to no prevail. All I have figured out how to do is rotate, move and scale the object.

Yeah, Maxwell isn't really made for casual users. It's also pretty useless for animation if I remember right. More something for those obsessed with still architectural renderings.

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

#9 xdozex

xdozex

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, Maxwell isn't really made for casual users. It's also pretty useless for animation if I remember right. More something for those obsessed with still architectural renderings.

Ya well I pretty much gave up on it. Problem is there is soooooo much I want to learn and dont have the time or motivation to sit down and actually work through things. I learned photoshop and other basic things from having nothing to do as a teen and playing with it for hours on end. Now I want to learn both After Effects and C4D in depth, and I dont have the time to just sit there and learn.

I love the photo realistic renders that come out of Cinema, from hdri, but I cant even model a basic spoon...its too overwhelming and to me it seems that there isnt that vast of an online tutorial presence for C4D. Tutorials are out there but everyone jumps around, its not like photoshop where you can find a tut for absolutely anything you dont know how to do at the time.

#10 Robby Salz

Robby Salz

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Ya well I pretty much gave up on it. Problem is there is soooooo much I want to learn and dont have the time or motivation to sit down and actually work through things. I learned photoshop and other basic things from having nothing to do as a teen and playing with it for hours on end. Now I want to learn both After Effects and C4D in depth, and I dont have the time to just sit there and learn.

I love the photo realistic renders that come out of Cinema, from hdri, but I cant even model a basic spoon...its too overwhelming and to me it seems that there isnt that vast of an online tutorial presence for C4D. Tutorials are out there but everyone jumps around, its not like photoshop where you can find a tut for absolutely anything you dont know how to do at the time.

Save up and get a Cineversity, C4D Cafe or Lynda account, they're amazing

You're right, it's hard to find specific tutorials

But being good at something means being able to find hard answers?

stop being a woman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users