13 replies to this topic

#1 firemind

firemind

Founder

• Admin
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

I thought this might interest you guys:

Adobe and MAXON have joined forces to present an unrivaled 2D/3D workflow for motion design.

Posted Image

Presenters from both Adobe and MAXON will cover an array of related topics culminating in the production of a stunning television newscast opening. Motion graphics artists will learn how to bring increased speed and efficiency to their production pipeline by combining the power of Adobe’s Production Studio and MAXON’s CINEMA 4D. This combination of robust applications has quickly become the proven choice for top motion design studios worldwide.

For more information and to register visit http://tour.maxon3d.com/

Adobe Highlights:

* See the new features of CS3 in action
* Get a glimpse of the Production Suite on the Mac
* Discover the capabilities of 3D integration

MAXON Highlights:

* Learn how to incorporate 3D into your 2D workflow
* See why CINEMA 4D is the fastest, easiest 3D solution for motion graphics
* Witness how easy it is to integrate into any pipeline

Tour Dates:

New York, NY July 10 1:00 to 5:00pm @ Helen Mills Event Space & Theater
Washington DC July 12 1:00 to 5:00pm @ Gonda Theater, Georgetown University
Atlanta, GA July 17 1:00 to 5:00pm @ The Plaza Theater
Miami, FL July 19 1:00 to 5:00pm @ Miami Museum of Science and Planetarium
Chicago, IL July 25 11:30 to 4:30pm @ Gene Siskel Film Center
San Diego, CA August 7-9 SIGGRAPH Show hours @ San Diego Convention Center: SIGGRAPH Booth 617
Dallas, TX August 21 1:00 to 5:00pm @ Angelika Film Center
Denver, CO August 23 1:00 to 5:00pm @ University of Denver: Sturm Hall

60,000 dollars worth of door prizes! Including Adobe Creative Suite, CINEMA 4D, Top NVIDIA Hardware, and a powerful Intel laptop!

Space is limited, so to find out more information and register today: http://tour.maxon3d.com/

twitter.com/motion_designer

#2 thomwill

thomwill

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

seems like a bit of old news for most of us, since the ability to do this has been around for a few years now. but i guess its good that they're making a point to showcase it for those that aren't familiar with the process already.

Edited by thomwill, 21 June 2007 - 07:43 PM.

#3 Mutant

Mutant

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Skydiving and 3D

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

Can sombody tell me if the tour is also comming to Europe? Belgium are Netherlands?

Thanks dudes

#4 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

seems like a bit of old news for most of us, since the ability to do this has been around for a few years now. but i guess its good that they're making a point to showcase it for those that aren't familiar with the process already.

I'm guessing they'd like to talk up the parts that haven't been around, like the ability to place 3D models into Photoshop CS3EX, etc.

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

#5 thomwill

thomwill

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

I'm guessing they'd like to talk up the parts that haven't been around, like the ability to place 3D models into Photoshop CS3EX, etc.

ah yes. good point.

#6 iceman

iceman

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:stencil art, microwave popcorn, gravy boats

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:55 PM

I was about to complain that there are no Canadian dates, but then I noticed they're not even going to LA?

#7 caltd

caltd

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

[Possibility of new tips, tricks, info]+[Paid time off work]+[Networking opportunity]=[I'm There!]

#8 caltd

caltd

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

Did anyone else make it out? I was there; some good info presented and I ended up winning a little something so it made it all worth while. Anyone else see presentation in other cities?

#9 tomcat

tomcat

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

hand drawn? You mean manually moving the path vetices?

#10 caltd

caltd

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

hand drawn? You mean manually moving the path vetices?

Actually, what the hell are you talking about? ;)
Wrong thread? :lol:

#11 silversurfer

silversurfer

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

It's REALLY old news...and it's a really tiny tour...not coming to my town (4 hours away is the closest date). I would DEFINITELY attend.

Joey
"...try not. Do...or do not. There is no try"

Posted Image

#12 AromaKat

AromaKat

Mrowwr!

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

I went to this in San Diego and it was completely weak. There were no real tricks or tips here, or maybe I just walked out too early. It seemed more like a pitch selling Adobe products to 3d artists. "Render, then edit in premiere, and oh look - you can edit the audio and do after effects work in one render!" Oh boy, oh boy - big news to us all. I asked about the translation of camera data between AE and C4d, and how they plan to improve the process and was told to go to www.aessentials.com for "advanced information". Seeing as how this tour was the only reason I even went to SIGGRAPH, I was extremely upset. Did anyone get the same type of experience?

My take on it is.... If you want to save the trip and still see the presentation, just go to adobe.com and read the description of the programs. I just want Adobe to hurry up and buy Cinema 4d so they can integrate the programs properly. If you look at Maxon's line-up of software, C4d seems out of place and out of their own league. Even the Maxon booth at SIGGRAPH seemed more dedicated to Magna-art creation than anything else.

Edited by AromaKat, 22 August 2007 - 12:19 AM.

"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise."
- Ted Turner

#13 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:10 AM

The phrase "Power integration tour" was concocted by some marketing genius who never used an Adobe app other than Acrobat and has no idea what Cinema 4D even is. That title sets expectations so high (even though the reality of the integration is pretty low, and mostly the result of Maxon's work, not Adobes) that you're bound to disappoint 80+% of the audience. It's unfortunate, but I can't say I'm surprised. There's no real incentive for companies to do technical in-depth demos.

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

#14 Neue Method®

Neue Method®

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:04 AM

I know that the reviews for '07 tour were not the greatest, however i am stoked that they have included Toronto for '08. About freakin time! =]

Ryan Massiah / Design + Animation

hello[at]ryan-massiah.com / ryan-massiah.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users