[PR] New Tutorial Products

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,068 posts
  • Interests:0s, 1s, pixels and particles.

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:59 AM

Hey everyone! I hope it is obvious that I try to keep the self promotional spammy banter to a bare minimum on mograph with regard to my own personal wares for sale. Continuing that effort, I'll keep it short and condensed into one post.

First, just released today is a 40 minute tutorial covering some great techniques in using Trapcode Form to create flowing, organic design elements. For a $20, I spill my guts on everything I did on a recent project that used Form extensively for some very cool looking mograph bling. I did this demonstration at NAB, and everyone liked it, including Mr Trapcode himself, Peder Norrby.

Visit the Studio Daily store to check it out

Posted Image

Speaking of NAB, at this year's convention that no one went to, two new training titles came out from Motionworks in the "Making It Look Great" series, one of which was produced by myself. The focus of the series is to get inside the minds of those that create design and animation, by watching a project get constructed from beginning to end, exploring all the choices and decisions that happen along the way, from color palettes, typography, element creation, use of plug-ins, finishing touches a whole lot more. I cover the use of various plug-ins from Trapcode and Zaxwerks, as well as dive many components of AE like the extensive type animator controls. Also included is Lesson 1 of the After Effects Expressions series. Coming in at over 3 hours of training, it's $49.95 for the title, availabe via DVD or download.

Visit the Zaxwerks store to check out this title and view the promo

Posted Image

That's it! For a complete list of all the other stuff I've produced such as the AE Expressions series and the Introduction to Form, please visit my new products page. Thanks for reading!

P.S. Coming soon: Three full hours of training covering Trapcode Particular from top to bottom using various project based examples. The title should be available in about 3 - 4 weeks.

Harry Frank // graymachine.com

#2 triplej96

triplej96

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:04 AM

Thanks Harry I will be buying your trapcode particular tutorial for sure!

Hey everyone! I hope it is obvious that I try to keep the self promotional spammy banter to a bare minimum on mograph with regard to my own personal wares for sale. Continuing that effort, I'll keep it short and condensed into one post.

First, just released today is a 40 minute tutorial covering some great techniques in using Trapcode Form to create flowing, organic design elements. For a $20, I spill my guts on everything I did on a recent project that used Form extensively for some very cool looking mograph bling. I did this demonstration at NAB, and everyone liked it, including Mr Trapcode himself, Peder Norrby.

Visit the Studio Daily store to check it out

Posted Image

Speaking of NAB, at this year's convention that no one went to, two new training titles came out from Motionworks in the "Making It Look Great" series, one of which was produced by myself. The focus of the series is to get inside the minds of those that create design and animation, by watching a project get constructed from beginning to end, exploring all the choices and decisions that happen along the way, from color palettes, typography, element creation, use of plug-ins, finishing touches a whole lot more. I cover the use of various plug-ins from Trapcode and Zaxwerks, as well as dive many components of AE like the extensive type animator controls. Also included is Lesson 1 of the After Effects Expressions series. Coming in at over 3 hours of training, it's $49.95 for the title, availabe via DVD or download.

Visit the Zaxwerks store to check out this title and view the promo

Posted Image

That's it! For a complete list of all the other stuff I've produced such as the AE Expressions series and the Introduction to Form, please visit my new products page. Thanks for reading!

P.S. Coming soon: Three full hours of training covering Trapcode Particular from top to bottom using various project based examples. The title should be available in about 3 - 4 weeks.

#3 imcalledandy

imcalledandy

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

Nice one Harry - putting Form to excellent use!

#4 imcalledandy

imcalledandy

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

I'm also looking forward to your epic Particular tutorial! Keep us posted - or PM the people who've responded to this thread?

#5 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

I'm also looking forward to your epic Particular tutorial! Keep us posted - or PM the people who've responded to this thread?

Sure. In short, I've contracted with a Class On Demand to publish this DVD title. It's been great to just write it, record it, and let them handle the rest, including packaging, duplication and fulfillment. It wouldn't have gotten done otherwise, as editing 3.5 hours of my own voice would send me over the edge. Not to mention not having time for it.

It will be available on various outlets, such as Amazon, and Toolfarm.

#6 spirozero

spirozero

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

I learned a lot from MILG #3. Lots of great tips and tricks.

I'm sure I'll buy the Form tutorial.

Keep 'em comin' Harry!

#7 MrT

MrT

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

Great news...bought the intro to form and the expressions training recently and found them really useful, can't wait for the particular training!

#8 triplej96

triplej96

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

Sure. In short, I've contracted with a Class On Demand to publish this DVD title. It's been great to just write it, record it, and let them handle the rest, including packaging, duplication and fulfillment. It wouldn't have gotten done otherwise, as editing 3.5 hours of my own voice would send me over the edge. Not to mention not having time for it.

It will be available on various outlets, such as Amazon, and Toolfarm.

Do you know a release date yet?

Edited by triplej96, 01 June 2008 - 04:19 AM.

#9 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

Do you know a release date yet?

I wish I did.. it's being edited and packaged up as we speak. My guess is a "couple more weeks". When I get a more firm date, I'll post it here and on my site.

#10 triplej96

triplej96

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

I wish I did.. it's being edited and packaged up as we speak. My guess is a "couple more weeks". When I get a more firm date, I'll post it here and on my site.

Sounds great harry I can't wait!

#11 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

Download version is available for "preorder":

http://classondemand...rticular01.aspx

Should be shipping very soon.

#12 Kastro

Kastro

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

Download version is available for "preorder":

http://classondemand...rticular01.aspx

Should be shipping very soon.

hot sex for my machine..

thanks for the hard work..

#13 ConstantMotion

ConstantMotion

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

Awesome stuff mate, previews look pretty great.. Always something new to learn about Particular..

#14 scott_sp

scott_sp

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

Harry,
Is this Design Techniques with Trapcode Form on studiodaily.com a different animal than Trapcode Form Training on ToolFarm?

If so, which would be better for getting rolling with Form?

Thanks much... really enjoyed the Expressions training downloads... money well spent.

Scott

#15 scott_sp

scott_sp

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

Harry,
Is this Design Techniques with Trapcode Form on studiodaily.com a different animal than Trapcode Form Training on ToolFarm?

If so, which would be better for getting rolling with Form?

Thanks much... really enjoyed the Expressions training downloads... money well spent.

Scott

Answering my own question:

Well, one came out in December and one came out a couple weeks ago. Guess that'd make em different.

D'oh! :unsure: Sorry for the clutter.

Scott

#16 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

Yep, very different. The Toolfarm tutorial is intended to be a quickstart for Form, and it's gotten great feedback and is selling pretty well.

The Studio Daily tutorial (which I still need to cut together a promo for it) is a lot more project specific. It doesn't assume any prior knowledge of Form, but if you've never used Form it will move pretty fast on you.

#17 teyega

teyega

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

hi harry,

just went through your trapcode form tutorial from studio daily! and i'm very pleased :-) thanks for the training!

#18 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

The Class on Demand title: "Complete Training for Trapcode Particular" is now available via download at Toolfarm.com:

http://toolfarm.stor...ndecotrfo8.html

#19 teyega

teyega

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:25 AM

The Class on Demand title: "Complete Training for Trapcode Particular" is now available via download at Toolfarm.com:

http://toolfarm.stor...ndecotrfo8.html

got it on the weekend from toolfarm, very helpful :-) thank you...but i have a question and that would be if there will be one complete training for trapcode form, too?

#20 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

got it on the weekend from toolfarm, very helpful :-) thank you...but i have a question and that would be if there will be one complete training for trapcode form, too?

That could be an idea. There is the "intro" to Form here:

http://toolfarm.stor...fotrwihajf.html

Which has gotten great reviews, but it really is more of a quickstart. Then I did this project for Studio Daily here:

http://www.studiodai...rapcode/36.html

So, after doing both of these I am not sure how well a "complete training" title would go over. It's kind of bad planning on my part. It's good to see that there is interest. I'd like to, at least, do a follow up to the Toolfarm title, focusing on more advanced topics (although.. the Studio Daily one would have been a good topic).

I'll kick it around and see what I come up with. Right now, I am working out of town for another 4 weeks, so I am planning on some relaxy-at-home-time in September, hopefully cranking out some reasonably priced products that people will steal buy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users