Guest_ai_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:42 PM

that's a good one.

#22 Guest_Palazzo_*

Guest_Palazzo_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:23 AM

As cody so aptly put it earlier this evening... Justin Cone always wins the clever war.

Clever indeed...

#23 Guest_silatix_*

Guest_silatix_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 04:08 PM

what font is that?

#24 Guest_SermonOfMockery_*

Guest_SermonOfMockery_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:03 PM

ha ha, well done fred & justin!

#25 Guest_pixelthief_*

Guest_pixelthief_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:30 PM

We've had plenty of political discussions here and they've always been thought-provoking and extremely civil. Whoever said we shouldn't be discussing this here should just try not participating.

However, I'm sick of the arguments as well. So:

KERRY!

#26 Guest_juicysauce_*

Guest_juicysauce_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 12:35 AM

what font is that?

In mine? Franklin gothic heavy, squished and squashed to fit. (I would never do that in the "real world," course. Heaven forbid!)

#27 Guest_chibosa_*

Guest_chibosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:12 PM

kerry is getting my vote.

#28 Guest_parsonsprojects_*

Guest_parsonsprojects_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:36 PM

Third Party Cantidates, anyone? Neither Bush nor Kerry are going to make or break this country, IMO.....

We need alternatives to the two-party system. (Sigh, again....IMO)

#29 Guest_parsonsprojects_*

Guest_parsonsprojects_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:38 PM

I just have to vent for a second, though. I don't care who votes for whom.... but MTV is making me sick with the way it's pushing Hollywood for Kerry. The influence they have over new voters is insane....

Did anyone see the Daily Show that mentioned that video game voting rap???
Or Christina Aguilera on the Choose or Lose? Ick.

#30 Guest_MBX_*

Guest_MBX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:05 PM

i find this image really scary: Posted Image

is it really true that so many states are red? and how come then it's like 50 : 50? (not exactly fifty fifty yeah)...

are there states with not many citizens or does it mean if it's red it doesn't mean the republicans dominate there by 70-99% but maybe only 55% or so...?[/IMG]

#31 Guest_SermonOfMockery_*

Guest_SermonOfMockery_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:19 PM

yeah, most of those red states (especially the ones in the west) have very, very few people in them, so they don't count for much. for instance, ohio (where i live) is a swing state and has 11.5 million people, while montana (a republican state in the west) has only 909,000. so as you can see, states like ohio are very important to the candidates, which probably explains why they have been here like every week for the past few months.

but yes, it's a little scary when you see that map!it really tells you how conservative the majority of the country is. in my opinion, the west coast (where i grew up) is the only part of the country that doesn't have its head up its ass, but that's just my opinion :)

#32 Guest_MBX_*

Guest_MBX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:17 PM

what is more frightening is actually the appearance of bin laden...
no doubt it's staged (since those guys are all buddies. remember osama worked for cia and maybe still does) and should boost bush for those swing states (the undecided people)... altough bin laden spoke negative about georgey (just a trick) the people will for sure associate 911/ terrorism/ fear with that and thus think bush is mr. right, because he & his party suggested that all the time into their brains. - who know's maybe it's a kerry booster though. we'll see...

maybe it's not even real bin laden. http://www.whatreall...osamatape2.html

let's pray this bush horror find's an end in 3 days...

#33 Guest_parallax_*

Guest_parallax_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:33 PM

I think even the slightest hint/sign of terrorism will be detrimental for Kerry, and allows Bush to play the I-told-you-so game. So they can keep the majority of those red-colored states thinking nukes could be dropping on their lawns any second.

What i also don't understand is, how has the 2 party system anything to do with democracy? In practice the independent parties are rather hopeless. How about some equal opportunity and coverage.

#34 Guest_MBX_*

Guest_MBX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:47 PM

as said, again, it's a win-win situation for the institution that controls both parties anyway. doesn't matter if bush stays or kerry wins. they are driven by their devils and those will force their nwo-plans so or so...

reality is scarier than science-fiction sometimes, if you still believe conspiracy theories are only for looney weirdos.

#35 Guest_parallax_*

Guest_parallax_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:23 PM

reality is scarier than science-fiction sometimes, if you still believe conspiracy theories are only for looney weirdos.

Yes, scary aint it.

#36 Guest_juicysauce_*

Guest_juicysauce_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:49 PM

doesn't matter if bush stays or kerry wins. they are driven by their devils and those will force their nwo-plans so or so...

That goes for terrorism as well. It doesn't matter if Bush or Kerry or Mickey Mouse is our next president. Radical Muslims will still hate us and terrorists will still want us dead. The illusion of a safer president feeds the rhetoric of a "war" on terror, when no such thing can really exist. There is no war, there are only casualties of ignorance.

#37 Guest_MBX_*

Guest_MBX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:10 PM

again, to me there is no doubt that there is some connection between cia/ bush & bin laden... - not only did they make business together, but also bin laden had relationships to the cia back years ago and again i say maybe still does.
republicans or pentagon need "terrorists" who appear to "hate" the life so they can use it as an excuse to fool/ fear people and bring more war's to the world to spread american imperealism.
or why did 911 happen? of course not out of coincidence or because of some terrorists who hate usa just because out of pure hate. but because it was intended so. like pearl harbour (when it was used as an excuse to nuke hiroshima & nagasaki)... this time it was to get billions to war and iraq under their "control" for oily reasons. if that didn't happen no one would allow an iraq war, but bush had this intention when he wasn't even elected as president and then linked saddam to 911... some people asked no questions and just believed him.

i'm sure you know this already. but to me it seems that so many forget it all the time.

osama made a good point in the video... asking why he/ they didn't or don't attack sweden... those "terrorists" don't just hate or want someone to fight just because of pure hate out of nothing. they fight for their terretory & peace as well... just look it once from another perspective of view... both parties (bush's & osama's) say they fight in the name of "god" (hypocrite hoes). while osama is the bad-boy of this planet, bush somehow has the right to kill 100'000 iraqi civilians, abu-ghraib scandals, guantanamo bay, etc... but bush & co ain't no terrorists for some reason.

to me it's so funny how the american people have all the lies upon their feet but still seem "blind". i don't say all, but those who make no questions and follow bush & co blindly.. especially when they hear "9/11", "terrorists", "flip-flopper", etc.... it seems to me that the media there is just really a good propaganda machine.

it's horrible how america's dream has become an american nightmare... it was intended as a free nation hundrets years ago, but now this all is going down the toilet because of greedy imperiousness...

#38 Guest_ai_*

Guest_ai_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:49 PM

Correction:
Alqaeda doesn't want to free the world. They want power.
Their ultimate goal is to put an islamic government wherever they can.
Especially in saudi arabia which is a very religious middle aged country.
Bin Laden started his career as a religious leader there by trying to forge an army of muslims to go to fight against saddam hussein when he invaded kuwait.
The saudi gvt (A monarchy not an islamic rep like Iran) was afraid of him, of his possible political successes in seducing saudi people and took him away.
Saudi arabia is not an islamic republic but it rule by the "charia" like one.

taken from http://en.wikipedia....slamic_republic

An Islamic republic is a form of government, known as a theocracy, advocated by some Muslim religious leaders in the Middle East and Africa.

Under the rule of an Islamic republic the laws of the state are compatible to the laws of Islam, although the state remains a republic. For example, in the Islamic Republic of Iran, the sole leader is a high-ranking religious cleric, theoretically elected indirectly by people, while the president and the parliament members are elected by direct vote of the citizens (although that is not implemented properly, as many sources agree). Iran's Islamic republic is in contrast to the marginally democratic state of Pakistan, where Islamic laws are considered to override the state's laws.

The Islamic Republic of Iran (1979 ) is one of the first contemporary nations to formally atempt to follow this form of the government after a revolution. However, some people believe that since the death of the republic's founder Ayatollah Khomeini, Iran's religious infrastructure is crumbling, and the nation is slowly edging away from the original ideas of Khomeini or the people who revolted against the previous monarchy.

Today, the creation of Islamic republics is the rallying cry for many Muslim fundamentalists all over the world. Many of these Muslims advocate the abolishment of the monarchies of the Middle East, regimes which they believe to be overly secular or otherwise destructive to Islam.

The following countries are officially called an Islamic republic in their full name: Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, and Pakistan, though they vary greatly in individual governments and laws.

I want to promote a good reference someone posted here:
http://www.freedocum...s.org/index.htm

I recommend the frontline show i saw.
What is frightening me the most about chimpie is his religiousness.
He truely has no doubt about what he's doing.
Who is this god anyway?

#39 Guest_parallax_*

Guest_parallax_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:17 PM

Ai,

Bin Laden picked up his favourite pasttime a few decades earlier, when he was personally trained by the CIA to fend off the Russians in Afghanistan, along with his Moedjahedin Hoodlums.(as seen in Rambo ;) ) Although i couldn't care less about his agenda or his videos, its a bit over the top to claim he wants found Islamic states all over the world.
Thats quite impossible. And indeed, it doesn't matter if Mickey Mouse or whoever runs the Whitehouse, but it DOES matter wich actions and policies are taken. Terrorism can't be beaten, and doesn't exist on its own. If you take away the reason to blow up busses, you effectively destroy terrorism.
We, "the 1st world", should remind ourselves that the big bad muslims outnumber us greatly, so instead of bombing every "terrorist nation" back to the stoneage, and effectively creating even more terrorists then before, we should try something else.

The irony of it all is that Dubya is becoming the very people he is bombing. He should look up secular in a dictionary.

#40 Guest_ai_*

Guest_ai_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

Then what do you think the concrete goal of Alqaeda is? What do they want to achieve?

I mean every enterprise has its purpose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users