• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 ZeBrownie

ZeBrownie

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

Obama keeps sending almost twenty thousands more troops over.

And for a second i believed he was really keeping his promises.

http://www.boston.co...eportedl_3.html
Guns, God & mograph.net/ The Lounge

Follow me: http://twitter.com/ZeBrownie

#2 graymachine

graymachine

Red Giant Software

• Members
  • 10,063 posts
  • Interests:0s, 1s, pixels and particles.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

We have to understand that the situation is precarious and urgent here in Afghanistan. And I believe this has to be our central focus, the central front, on our battle against terrorism,"

- Obama, July 2008

Harry Frank // graymachine.com

#3 a2visual

a2visual

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, it's no secret that he's always intended to beef up the Afghan front.

#4 mete_shop

mete_shop

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

"The current situation is bad. The security situation is getting worse. So is corruption and the Government has lost all trust. Our public statements should not delude us over the fact that the insurrection, while incapable of winning a military victory, nevertheless has the capacity to make life increasingly difficult, including in the capital.

"The presence - especially the military presence - of the coalition is part of the problem, not the solution. The foreign forces are ensuring the survival of a regime which would collapse without them. In doing so, they are slowing down and complicating an eventual exit from the crisis (which, moreover, will probably be dramatic)."

-Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles, British Ambassador to Afghanistan

#5 silatix

silatix

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:mographary

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

feeding the troll...
it's like theres a party in my mouth, and everyone's vomiting

#6 destro

destro

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:44 AM

feeding the troll...

Nothings changed.

#7 ZeBrownie

ZeBrownie

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:02 AM

Wasn't the entire campaign and mantra of CHANGE & HOPE based on bringing back troops within 1 year and not sending more over there?

Seems like the liberals are still in denial.

#8 BillD²²²

BillD²²²

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

Keep'n them over there so they aren't unemployed back here... i guess

#9 peddamat

peddamat

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

War Is a Racket

Respect soldiers, oppose war, it's your patriotic duty. It helps keep wars short and our leaders in check. And as cynical as it sounds, watch the money.

Edited by peddamat, 18 February 2009 - 11:02 AM.

#10 chizmniz

chizmniz

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

I am glad that they are staying over there. Since we have been in Iraq we have not had anything happen on our soil. They did a great job in Iraq and now they are going to help irradiate the terror threat in Afghanistan. Thanks to all the soldiers, without you guys this country would be nothing.

#11 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

"Graveyard of empires" sounds good, no?

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

#12 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,929 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

Wasn't the entire campaign and mantra of CHANGE & HOPE based on bringing back troops within 1 year and not sending more over there?

I believe he talked about many issues other than returning troops from the IRAQ quagmire. SO no, not the entire campaign.

From what I remember, he's systematically withdrawing troops in a responsible manner from IRAQ, while trying to finish the Afghan war that we started to squash the whole 9/11 thing. Remember a dude named Bin Laden and AL Queda? They attacked our country. They had nothing to do with IRAQ or vice versa. So I'd like some change putting some force back to the dudes who did that while giving our troops a break from policing a country that had nothing to do with attacking us nor had the capability to.
chris smith :: some of my work

#13 mete_shop

mete_shop

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

If you want to end terror, stop participating in it.

-Noam Chomsky

#14 RustyAce

RustyAce

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

F@*# i accidentally got drawn into another ZBROWNIE POST
rusty ace
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Pablo Picasso

#15 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

-Noam Chomsky

I think you learn filmmaking by watching movies, and then going out and making mistakes, and then watching some more movies, and then making some more mistakes. And, I think if you’re honest about it, this process never really ends.

-Noam Murro

#16 mete_shop

mete_shop

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

I don't disagree with this

-Yussef Cole

#17 brandj

brandj

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

F@*# i accidentally got drawn into another ZBROWNIE POST

You can ignore ALL messages from this guy. Unfortunately they still show up in the RSS feed ...
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." - Antoine de Saint Exupéry

#18 Firebetty

Firebetty

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:No interests to speak of.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:53 AM

The change is APPARENTLY in my husbands pants pockets....I find that shit in the washing machine every time I do the damn laundry. What is it with you men...you can't put your change where it belongs? that's why we have two large change receptacles in the house...and they're our most modestly priced receptacles too!

Edited by Firebetty, 19 February 2009 - 12:54 AM.

Does anyone really read these signatures?

#19 ZeBrownie

ZeBrownie

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

I love it how all of a sudden the liberals stand behind the war on terror because it's Obama.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

I think us americans should care about our own problems at home. But i do agree that in this type of economy keeping our troops busy makes sense.

#20 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

I love it how all of a sudden the liberals stand behind the war on terror because it's Obama.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

I think us americans should care about our own problems at home. But i do agree that in this type of economy keeping our troops busy makes sense.

What liberals?

There is no war on terror. There was the retaliation to the attack on our country which started in 2001 in Afghanistan and left for dead in 2003 when we turned our resources and money to another country that had nothing to do with terror or attacking us. So not only did we fail while Bin Laden laughs at us from a cave, but we have spent 100s of billions of dollars supporting this massive waste of time and killed thousands of our troops for nothing (more deaths than in 9/11). Wouldn't it have been awesome to have those 100s of billions back to use in our own country? And spending billions of more money that we don't have on fucking with IRAQ which does nothing for us (except Halliburton) makes sense to you?

It has nothing to do with political affiliation. When people start thinking in terms of political extremism ("Liberals, Conservative, etc") then they are just looking to pick a fight from an arbitrary side. Outside of that ridiculous game there are the facts:

"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the September 11th," - George W. Bush

"War on terror" is a advertising slogan used by the Bush admin and anyone who blindly believed it. If there really was a war on terror, than our country fucked it up royally. It hurts my heart mostly that all those kids in the sand in IRAQ have wasted their efforts chasing a mirage. They might as well have attacked Switzerland. That would have been better cause at least Switzerland wouldn't have been a fresh new breeding ground for terrorists that IRAQ will now be.

end of my waste of time. I never once bitched through the entire Goatfuck in IRAQ until now. Thanks for letting me let off steam. I want our hundreds of billions back and all the wasted death.

YAY! Wendy's is here!! Spicy chicken sandwich.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users