#21 C.Smith

C.Smith

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Members
  • 2,929 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

Is the board in it's final state?

I'm trying to be appreciative that the board even exists, but this new upgrade is somehow harder to use and gives you less information while taking up more space.

Would love to see who the post starter is on the Active posts page as well as how many times a thread has been viewed like in the old days. And would still love to put the "View active posts" at the top where it's easier to use and where newbs will see and use it keeping the board circulating better.

Also would love to see the Thread detail (sub heading) on back on the main thread list.

I like a handful of the new features but the basics I use 98% of the time have been reduced to a lesser experience than before.

Just my notes if anyone is listening.

Edited by C.Smith, 07 August 2009 - 11:45 PM.

chris smith :: some of my work

#22 C.Smith

C.Smith

• Members
  • 2,929 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:42 AM

Just want to send a shout out (I assume to Firemind) for adding all the info back to the thread lists that made it like the old site. I have officially nothing to bitch about any longer. Thanks for the efforts.
chris smith :: some of my work

#23 Binky

Binky

Wise Sage of mograph

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

Oh cool, i didn't know we had a request thread! :P
1) Can I request a safari fix? Pages frequently won't load because the site tries to pull off "too many redirects" (so sayeth the error message that pops up randomly). No undetermined soul will refresh the page long enough to get it up, which I suspect is a big part of the reason we're not seeing much traffic anymore. I may be overestimating the safari traffic, but I think people are either frustrated, or they think the site's flat broke, and aren't bothering to come back. I'm dealing, but it gets pretty old.

2) Can we highlight the "pinned" subjects, or condense them, or move them so that they don't fill up so much space at the top of the thread lists or are easier to discriminate from the active topics? (obviously not a huge deal, but does make those pages hard to decipher)

Site's great otherwise! Definitely an improvement.
thanks!!

#24 Duder

Duder

Loser

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

Youtube embedding please?

#25 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

Today's Safari 4.0.3 update seems to work well with the new board - about time.

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

#26 3DKiwi

3DKiwi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

I note your forum version is 3.0.1. 3.0.4 is the current version and has numerous bug fixes since 3.0.1. 3.0.5 should be out within about a week.

Regards
3DKiwi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users