• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 firemind

firemind

Founder

• Admin
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

The board will be updated soon from it's current version to the brandspanking new 3.x series ipsboard. This will naturally mean the pink will turn blue again for a little while, so bear with us while the upgrade is in process.
twitter.com/motion_designer

#2 Binky

Binky

Wise Sage of mograph

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:59 AM

Wow, did the site just go through puberty?
Voice is crackly, but it looks kinda growed up!
:D

#3 leahzero

leahzero

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:mograph, mograph, and mo mograph

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

The default template is pretty sweet. Are you going to revert back to the old template, or just recolor this one? My vote is for the latter!

Also, rotate in headers done by forum members imo. Kinda like how VCP changes headers every couple of weeks, though he does them all himself.
leahraeder.com
motion graphics blog, tutorials, and portfolio

#4 beau+++

beau+++

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

ack! Can we get the "View Latest Posts" button back please?
"Don't be a drone or a robot. Don't treat this like a McJob. Be a personal chef. Be a landscaper, custom tailor, architect. Be a designer, for fuck's sake." - Binky

#5 adam_etypical

adam_etypical

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

ack! Can we get the "View Latest Posts" button back please?

Agreed!

#6 silatix

silatix

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:mographary

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

::shivering:: so cold.. so confused. blues.. greens.. eep! :blink:
it's like theres a party in my mouth, and everyone's vomiting

#7 firemind

firemind

Founder

• Admin
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

::shivering:: so cold.. so confused. blues.. greens.. eep! :blink:

isn't 'view new content' the same as 'view latest posts'?

colors will be tackled this week, gotta find the time.

#8 BillD˛˛˛

BillD˛˛˛

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

I fear change.

#9 vozzz

vozzz

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,772 posts
  • Interests:In Budapest Hungary

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:11 AM

oooh everything looks so pretty. And i love how only the top is pink right now.

Maybe just make the background a bit darker, and it'll all be sweet.

-Aleksey

------------------

Ace5 studios
http://ace5studios.com <-portfolio

http://ace5education.com <-tutorials/blog/facebook page

http://plus.google.c...lekseyVoz/posts <- google+ page

#10 AromaKat

AromaKat

Mrowwr!

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:28 AM

Ugh......... Maybe if I just give it time I will get used to it.. but not really digging it thus far

"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise."
- Ted Turner

#11 C.Smith

C.Smith

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Members
  • 2,929 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:57 AM

colors will be tackled this week, gotta find the time.

The "View Active Content" on the bottom blue bar seems to do the same thing. If it IS possible to get that bad boy up high on the page and visible to all it would be the bees.

I also see we now have a 'digg' style rating system. Interesting. Not sure if that will ever get used other than negging ZeBrownie posts.

Edited by C.Smith, 20 July 2009 - 02:58 AM.

chris smith :: some of my work

#12 imcalledandy

imcalledandy

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:46 AM

The new version looks pretty bad on the iPhone - hard to navigate compared to the previous version...

#13 beau+++

beau+++

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

It's close, but it's not the same. The "Today's Active Topics" button (or whatever it was called) would display all threads with new posts within the last 24 hours. This new version only shows me new stuff since my last login, so if I log in and there's 25 new items and I only have time to check out 3 before logging out, it won't display those again when I come back.

Maybe it's just me but I find that incredibly annoying. I'd usually just go to the "Today's Active Topics" page and hit refresh all day, if there was nothing new I could just scroll down and check out something I had overlooked before. Now when I hit refresh it just gives me a blank page most of the time...makes this place feel dead.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that I waste enough time on this forum already each day - If I have to actually go through each one of those damn sub-forums separately to see what people are talking about, I'll probably just stop coming altogether.. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, found the View Active Content link at the bottom. Can we get that sucker back at the top?

Edited by beau+++, 20 July 2009 - 03:22 PM.

"Don't be a drone or a robot. Don't treat this like a McJob. Be a personal chef. Be a landscaper, custom tailor, architect. Be a designer, for fuck's sake." - Binky

#14 Albo

Albo

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

Safari on Mac is giving me a lot of issues. Every other link I click goes to a white page; few refreshes later it finally loads. FF on Mac seems fine.

#15 mete_shop

mete_shop

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Firemind, I completely appreciate everything you've done to keep mograph.net up and running, but I think the new look is a step backward to be honest. It's more cluttered, more busy, has too much negative space and the headers scream 'web 2.0.'

If the forum architecture should change at all it should be in a more minimal direction, more geared to PDAs and the like. It's obviously not my decision but those are my 2c.

#16 the_Monkey

the_Monkey

simian

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Safari on Mac is giving me a lot of issues. Every other link I click goes to a white page; few refreshes later it finally loads. FF on Mac seems fine.

I have that same problem also.

Firemind, I completely appreciate everything you've done to keep mograph.net up and running, but I think the new look is a step backward to be honest. It's more cluttered, more busy, has too much negative space and the headers scream 'web 2.0.'

If the forum architecture should change at all it should be in a more minimal direction, more geared to PDAs and the like. It's obviously not my decision but those are my 2c.

I have always wanted a way to rate the posts so the better ones would stay afloat and the dullards would sink, but I agree with this mete_shop on the CSS. While I know the shift just started... I can't help but feel the content is getting lost in the interface. However, I would like to make it clear that I am also very grateful for the time you've committed to maintenence. I know that maintaining upgrades of web forums/applications can range from unfun<-->infuriating.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

:)

-m

#17 firemind

firemind

Founder

• Admin
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

The pink header was a quicky, that will hopefully be replaced by one by a forum member soon. As for the new system, not much I can do there I'm afraid. I don't have the time or webskillz to change the lay-out or functionality beyond some recoloring here and there. I do like the new system though, it looks more compact and less stringed-together than the 2.x series. And hopefully it will keep us ahead of spammers/hackers for a little bit more than the 2.x series did.

#18 RustyAce

RustyAce

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Any hope in getting links to open in a new tab instead of the current mograph page that is loaded? if so that would be great.
rusty ace
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Pablo Picasso

#19 firemind

firemind

Founder

• Admin
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Any hope in getting links to open in a new tab instead of the current mograph page that is loaded? if so that would be great.

I've changed the setting that should fix that, but annoyingly only Firefox seems to open up a new tab and not IE. Haven't checked on safari yet.

*goes off to file bug*

#20 RustyAce

RustyAce

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

I've changed the setting that should fix that, but annoyingly only Firefox seems to open up a new tab and not IE. Haven't checked on safari yet.

*goes off to file bug*

Thanks, thats fine i'm on firefox :)
rusty ace
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Pablo Picasso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users