• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 netwonder

netwonder

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Making Stuff.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:03 PM

This is the error below I am getting in the server from c4d Net Render. I have the GCG Light Kit and Textures installed on 3 Mac's and I have the Realflow plugin also installed on all 3 macs and everything is running on 32 bit. What can I do to fix this issues. It's a render heavy scene that will take one computer days to finish.

ClientInfoError Message10.0.1.2:1080Missing Textures / Low Memory: Window3.jpg (Softbox Texture) Circle.jpg (Softbox Texture) RoundedCorners2.jpg (Softbox Texture) Stripes.jpg (Softbox Texture) OctagonBox.jpg (Softbox Texture) Gradient.jpg (Softbox Texture) powerP2Studio.hdr (Mat) 10.0.1.12:1080Missing Textures / Low Memory: Window3.jpg (Softbox Texture) Circle.jpg (Softbox Texture) RoundedCorners2.jpg (Softbox Texture) Stripes.jpg (Softbox Texture) OctagonBox.jpg (Softbox Texture) Gradient.jpg (Softbox Texture) powerP2Studio.hdr (Mat) 10.0.1.9:1080Missing Textures / Low Memory: Window3.jpg (Softbox Texture) Circle.jpg (Softbox Texture) RoundedCorners2.jpg (Softbox Texture) Stripes.jpg (Softbox Texture) OctagonBox.jpg (Softbox Texture) Gradient.jpg (Softbox Texture) powerP2Studio.hdr (Mat)

#2 daveglanz

daveglanz

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:wife, daughter, movies, floppy-eared dogs, coffee

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Boy, I'm betting you could have emailed Nick without copying and pasting that into the forum :)

#3 the_Monkey

the_Monkey

simian

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

Boy, I'm betting you could have emailed Nick without copying and pasting that into the forum :)

Yea... you can tell from the first post that you have missing textures.
How about resolving the links for starters.

-m

#4 tarzan_jesus

tarzan_jesus

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

like the monkey said...missing textures....and then right next to that it says "low memory"
apart from that what do you expect a bunch of artists to do with your crash log? try sending that one off to MAXON...thec support rocks!
ARRRRRRrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOooooOOOOooooo!

#5 netwonder

netwonder

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

Sorry about the long bug report post. Wont do that again. The missing textures I don't understand how to get around that. I have installed the GCG Light Kit Pro on all three computers in their lib folder. Plus the Realflow plugin in the plugin folders plus the GCG Light Kit Pro textures in the Texture folder in the project folder of the server computer. I'm at a lose.

Edited by netwonder, 17 August 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#6 oeuf

oeuf

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Have you tried putting those textures into the "tex" file folder where the net render jobs go to? I've never done net render jobs with GSG but your error message is telling you it can't find the textures. Hope that's the solution. Post back whether it works or not.

#7 TyMotion

TyMotion

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Yeah i've had this happen before too. If nothing else you may just need to manually relink the textures. If you dig through the different materials you can find where to link them. I'm pretty sure NIck posted a video on this issue also so you might check that out too.

#8 mikeh64

mikeh64

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

when you use netrender, you are not using the full version of C4D on any computer - you are using either Net Server or Net Client.

It does not matter what is installed in the full C4D install.

In your case you need to copy the textures into your Net job in the admin folder for you Net Server

#9 netwonder

netwonder

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

I have placed the GSGTextures files in the tex folder in the project folder for the Net Render Server. Clearly its asking for the jpg files for the light kits and well its all there. Also TyMotion I'm new around here so do you have a direct link to Nick's Video?

#10 tarzan_jesus

tarzan_jesus

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

did you do a save project when you saved your project? this will collect everything you need....you can then send this package to all the clients.
ARRRRRRrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOooooOOOOooooo!

#11 TyMotion

TyMotion

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

I have placed the GSGTextures files in the tex folder in the project folder for the Net Render Server. Clearly its asking for the jpg files for the light kits and well its all there. Also TyMotion I'm new around here so do you have a direct link to Nick's Video?

Not sure if it will help but check it out.
Here is the link

#12 netwonder

netwonder

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

TyMotion thanks for the link but I've already looking into that post and even posted a question to Nick. Even tho his solution I've already tried and it didn't solve my problem. I've asked him in that post if he can make a tutorial for how to use Net Render with his product.

Tarzan I did save out the project in case I didn't make myself clear early on. I saved out a project and in the project folder under tex i placed the GSG textures for the light kit pro so that it can be accessed by the other computers.

#13 Grundly

Grundly

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Bicycles, pizza.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:42 AM

Have you tried putting those textures into the "tex" file folder where the net render jobs go to?

In your case you need to copy the textures into your Net job in the admin folder for you Net Server

There's a difference between what you're calling "the project folder" and the "data path". Look under the net server settings to find where the data path is - your textures need to be manually added here after your project file has been uploaded through the web interface.
http://www.c4dtraini.../netRender.html

Edited by Grundly, 18 August 2010 - 02:07 AM.

#14 netwonder

netwonder

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

Grundly,

Thank you for the video link. This is the tutorial I used to setup my Net Render. I placed the GSG Light Kit Pro Textures into the Tex folder in side the Project folder that was created in the Project Save. I've also installed GSG Light Kit Pro in the full version of C4D 11.5 on all the computers I'm using. The Data path is set to render the files to a render folder which also has the "project" folder.

The Project folder which was created with the Project Save has the tex folder where like i said I put the GSGTextures folder into. I did not point the Data Path into that tex folder because that's a Render path.

#15 netwonder

netwonder

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Grundly thanks for the tip on the Data Path. I took a shot in the dark and moved the Tex folder with the GSG textures into the: "user/administrator/name_of_project_folder/" After I added the job to the Net Render. That got Net Render to work but now all my rendered stills look weird.

I think that's more to do with the Realflow plugin mech which I wonder where I should put that plugin to get this render to work.

#16 Nick Campbell

Nick Campbell

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Mograph, Photography, Online Software, CSS,

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

Glad this got sorted out, netwonder. Thanks for everyones help trying to troubleshoot this!

Still not sure why adding the Light Kit textures to your NET render machines under the tex folder won't work though. Is that how you installed the textures on your main workstation? Net render has always been inconsistent and finicky in it's best days. But, after it starts working correctly, it's fine as long as you don't touch it. :)

Feel free to email me with any more questions about the light kit.

Cheers,
Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users